Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
Recently i've been thinking about buying used GOLF GTE and i have a lot of questions. But luckly there is whole community to help me :))

Anyway, car at queation has done 115k km and its 5/2015.
Does anyone have similar stats?
What should be expected range for a car that old? Is it worth buying? In what shape batteries are - range wise - after all those years?
I have like 15km daily comute so im very interested in hybrid solution.
Btw car have clean full servise history.

thanks in advance for any feedback

Best regres

Martin

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,677 Posts
I have a MY15 GTE, but only 50k-ish km (32k miles).

I would not worry about the EV only range, the car has spare battery. And anyway, at 115k km I don't think the car has done lots of EV miles and recharging cycles (this is a speculation on my part).

Is it 15km one way or return journey? I did about 7-8miles on weekdays before lockdown. With only 15km to do (even 2x15km) you should be able to do it only on EV in the warmer months. As soon as winter hits, your heating will eat up from your EV range, but you should still be able to do 15km. 30km will be pushing it and you will have to implement "Apollo 11" method: warm coat and gloves and no heating. Also, in the winter, pre-heating the cabin will be your best friend!

You will need a dedicated charging at home or work (and preferable at both if possible).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for fast reply.
The comute is 15ish km in both ways so that shoulding be a problem for one day, even with heating on. And yeah there is a fast charger at my work place. So thats ideal.

Is there a counter for recharging cycles? What would be "ok" number for 115k? How much does your have with 50k?

How much time it takes to get fully charged on home socket?
And how much kwh is the battery in golf?

Is there prescribed % from vw directly what is expected capacity loss over the years?

Thank you

·
Registered
3,354 Posts
How much time it takes to get fully charged on home socket?
Pulling a full charge ( 0 to 100% ) with the supplied “Granny” charger on a 13 Amp supply at home in the UK will take about 3.45 hours.
From a dedicated 7kw wall box, reduces the time to 2.15 mins from empty to full.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,677 Posts
Is there a counter for recharging cycles? What would be "ok" number for 115k? How much does your have with 50k?

Is there prescribed % from vw directly what is expected capacity loss over the years?
No counter, as far as I know. Others have tried too. There is a thread on this topic.

I think the warranty covers 70 or 80% (the exact number escapes me) battery capacity after 8 years.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Is there a counter for recharging cycles? What would be "ok" number for 115k?
The issue with any PHEV is that the charge received during regeneration or from the ICE is at a considerably higher rate than the charge from the mains - be it @ 2kW from the granny charger or 3.6kW from a charge point. Therefor the the number of gentle full charges are likely to have done less damage than the multiple harsh charges, not always to 100%, from the other sources.

Reactions: ringi

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for sharing info.
So it seems that even 4-5 year old car should have more then 35-40km range / over that 70% with full battery.

Anyway what are your thoughts about car value after 8 or more years? I mean for furter resale? Should it be more expensive than regular petrol 1.4 tsi at least due to high equipment pack? Thinking about getting some value back after 3-4 year use...

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Thanks guys for sharing info.
So it seems that even 4-5 year old car should have more then 35-40km range / over that 70% with full battery.

Anyway what are your thoughts about car value after 8 or more years? I mean for furter resale? Should it be more expensive than regular petrol 1.4 tsi at least due to high equipment pack? Thinking about getting some value back after 3-4 year use...
Will totally depend on the likelyhood of needing an expensive repair and how many garages have the skills needed if there is a problem with the hybred system. However a car that will preheat and auto defrost the windows will always be nice......

Given the high mileage, I expect the best option would be to keep it until it works no more, as a buyer in a few years time will have to assume you are selling due to a problem the buyer does not know about.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts