Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my old ICE recently and want to switch to an EV. From what I have seen/read so far, Kona really stands out.

We are a low mileage household (work from home mostly) and I'd prefer a cash purchase. Most of the trips are local and we would be happy with 39kW version. I have been looking at AutoTrader and the used prices have held up incredibly well. I came across another tread from 2018 where majority predicted the 64kW version would be £15-18k in three years time - even the cheapest 39kW is on for £21.5k.

That cheapest 18 plate 39kW is one for £21.5k - any thoughts as to that that being the market price? It seem quite high considering Petrol version is available for under £10k - as much as I would like to buy one, at this price and low mileage I may just have to wait a bit longer until these get to more reasonable levels.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona 64kWh in very bright Acid Yellow :)
80 Posts
Drive Green had a 64kWh Kona Premium, not the SE) for sale recently for around £23k, it all depends on your budget really. If you don't need the range, what about a £15k Ioniq (28kWh)? If your heart is set on a Kona, I'd be tempted to stretch for a 64kWh one, as it will be a lot more desirable when you come to sell it.
If you do only want a 39kWh one, have you considered a new one on PCP or lease? There were some great deals around recently (search Kona on Hotukdeals), I think they were just over £200 a month. That way, you can try it for 3 or 4 years, then trade up for a longer range / newer model in the future? Just my opinion of course, I just splashed out £28.5k on a 20 plate 64kWh Kona SE so what do I know lol 😁

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, based on how the prices are held up, it does appear even the 39kW would be fine, but I do get the point - longer range would be more desirable in few years time when longer ranges become commonplace.

I am not keen on PCP or Lease as I plan to buy this for a longer term 6-7 years minimum. I guess I'll just have to increase the budget.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts