Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, am I just mad here ....

Why is people looking for stupit crazy prices for used model 3 .

Like the 2019 one for sale with 21k miles for £36k

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
Because they seem to depreciate very little and people are paying the price, why would you sell it cheaper.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cause you can buy new one for very little more with Full warranty.

There ones for sale for over 40k 2019

·
Registered
524 Posts
Its lost 13% from new. What do you think it should be. Also remember if a car has Full Self Driving thats a £6000 extra.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Tesla is a desirable brand with super car performance and crazy low running costs, they are also amazingly advanced cars for the money. So they don't devalue because they are in demand.

Similar to how Macbooks hold their value. You won't find a (for example) 2013 15" Macbook pro for under about £600+. A windows laptop of that era will be junk prices. I bet the Model3 is like that in 7 years, it will still be big money while similar cars will be shed money.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tesla is a desirable brand with super car performance and crazy low running costs, they are also amazingly advanced cars for the money. So they don't devalue because they are in demand.

Similar to how Macbooks hold their value. You won't find a (for example) 2013 15" Macbook pro for under about £600+. A windows laptop of that era will be junk prices. I bet the Model3 is like that in 7 years, it will still be big money while similar cars will be shed money.
I'll have the windows machine every say.

Microsoft has paid for my house taken me on holidays paid for my cars.

Apple not earned me enough for slice of bread

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
More like stopping myself, I love it one day hate it the next. Even though it has been perfect. What's up with me
What would you buy instead.

Long range ?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
I'll have the windows machine every say.

Microsoft has paid for my house taken me on holidays paid for my cars.

Apple not earned me enough for slice of bread

Erm ok? There is a reason macs are used by people who work in certain professions, and they pay for themselves hundreds of times over. They have a solid and reliable OS, superb screen resolutions, SSDs as standard since 2012 and just work. No messing about like windows, virtually no spyware, viruses, 0day attacks etc. no adverts in the task bar (!), no 'we're going to update your computer when you blink' etc. etc.

Deeply tired of having to fix my families windows machines on a regular basis I replaced them all with macbooks and I've never had to touch them since. Solid investment.

Anyhow, Tesla, like Apple, will continue to be a desirable brand and that's why they will hold their value like no other car. I believe in the USA they are by far the car which holds value the best, I suspect at the end of this year they will be top in the UK too.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The price they're listed it isn't necessarily the price they're selling for, having said that. If I had one for sale at near showroom price and someone came and offered me £2-3k less, I'd most likely say "no thanks, someone else will come along and buy it for my asking price". Obviously that can't be said for every car, but it can for the model 3, for now.

One thing I have noticed though, it seems like the performance models second hand seem to be advertised around the £52-53k mark whereas the SR+ almost always seem to be at brand new prices with just one or two listed at around £37k

·
Registered
524 Posts
Really a £6000 option doesn't increase the price. It would if I was selling it.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Erm ok? There is a reason macs are used by people who work in certain professions, and they pay for themselves hundreds of times over. They have a solid and reliable OS, superb screen resolutions, SSDs as standard since 2012 and just work. No messing about like windows, virtually no spyware, viruses, 0day attacks etc. no adverts in the task bar (!), no 'we're going to update your computer when you blink' etc. etc.

Deeply tired of having to fix my families windows machines on a regular basis I replaced them all with macbooks and I've never had to touch them since. Solid investment.

Anyhow, Tesla, like Apple, will continue to be a desirable brand and that's why they will hold their value like no other car. I believe in the USA they are by far the car which holds value the best, I suspect at the end of this year they will be top in the UK too.

Majority of business don't run macs if you have thousands of users or tens of thoudands it's all windows .

Be that's thin Client or thick client

Those windows OS could even be hosted on Chromebook.

You can buy Chromebook for 300 pounds .
Business in general not going spend stupit money on macs when you need thousands.

What you do for one or do people doesn't work the same when your suddenly admin for thousands .

But yes deserible for some maybe not suitable for all.

·
Registered
497 Posts
To add to comments to the OP: also buying used allows some payment in cash. Not so for direct with Tesla.
That does a play a part for some buyers ;-)

1 - 20 of 66 Posts