Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting to see that higher mileage young EVs on Autotrader seem to stick around for quite a while.

While owners talk of mileage not mattering and the key is SOH, neither the valuation portals nor, it seems, open market buyers agree. Mileage has always had a large effect on ICE values in their younger years especially.

I guess if you are selling a 3 year old EV with 50,000 miles, immaculate and 9x% SOH, the fact is you are close to many of the general and power train mileage limits for warranty and have also used up half the mileage limit on the battery warranty.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
While owners talk of mileage not mattering and the key is SOH
The owners are salespeople by definition even they are only amateurs.

I think most people in their minds consider 100,000 miles as being the 'life' of a car. It's just one of those things.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The owners are salespeople by definition even they are only amateurs.

I think most people in their minds consider 100,000 miles as being the 'life' of a car. It's just one of those things.
Helped by the manufacturers setting warranty between 60-100,000 I guess.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE50 GT Line R135
149 Posts
I guess EVs grow old in a different and unfamiliar way to ICE cars.

Mechanically, they hardly age at all, except for the battery pack, which is slowly but inevitably degrading.

But on the other hand, the spec in new cars is marching on at a pace unmatched in ICE: bigger batteries and quicker charging.

Understandable that the market doesn't know quite what to make of it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts