Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I've seen a 2018 i-Pace I like the look of.
It's from a Jaguar dealer as an "Approved" Jaguar so presumbly there shouldn't be any issues with it.
However, are there any things I should look out for?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I brought a 2019 ipace 6 weeks ago. Been very pleased with it. Got mine from a car supermarket so great price but it still has nearly a year of jaguar warranty and another 6 years on the battery warranty. My MG zs ev I traded in was more advanced in some respects (ACC, sunroof) but the ipace has more range and a higher charge rate both of which save me time on long journeys

·
Registered
12 Posts
I brought a 2019 ipace 6 weeks ago. Been very pleased with it. Got mine from a car supermarket so great price but it still has nearly a year of jaguar warranty and another 6 years on the battery warranty. My MG zs ev I traded in was more advanced in some respects (ACC, sunroof) but the ipace has more range and a higher charge rate both of which save me time on long journeys
Which car supermarker did you use out of interest??

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Just be aware the range on these is NOTHING LIKE the quoted.

They are a great car, if you are happy with a relatively low range, but if you are hoping to get 200m or so there are better cars from that point of view.

They are however lovely to drive, and well finished so have that luxury air about them, its just the range that would put me off (and the price)!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Perhaps they have had a massive software update or that is a new model.

The carwow real world test did TM3, ENiro, Etton, Ipace etc and it was well under 200 vs the M3 and the Eniro at around 250 & 230....

It got about 70% of claimed range....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Which car supermarker did you use out of interest??
Bigmotoringworld.co.uk
I found them very good. Saw the car on autotrader and could see the asking price was below normal dealer prices for the age and mileage. Paid a £99 reservation fee to hold it for 3 days for me since it was quite a long drive and I could not get there until the weekend. Went along just for the test drive at a pre-booked time but drove home in it 2 hours later. Definitely the way to buy.

·
Registered
6,808 Posts
Just be aware the range on these is NOTHING LIKE the quoted.

They are a great car, if you are happy with a relatively low range, but if you are hoping to get 200m or so there are better cars from that point of view.

They are however lovely to drive, and well finished so have that luxury air about them, its just the range that would put me off (and the price)!

Don't want to take as gospel whatever the professional reviewers spout forth. IMHO. I switched from having owned a Tesla Model 3 LR for 16 months, to a new I-Pace earlier this year, fully expecting to see a major range reduction. In reality it's no big deal. I've never seen less that about 220 miles, and usually get around 240 miles. Sure that's a fair bit less that the ~280 miles I used to get from the Model 3 LR, but not enough to make the slightest bit of difference to the way we use the car or places we stop for a break and a charge at all.

To get under 200 miles you'd need to have a pretty heavy right foot, and spend a fair bit of time on motorways, as even driving short trips locally I seem to easily be able to get over 240 miles range.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Don't want to take as gospel whatever the professional reviewers spout forth. IMHO. I switched from having owned a Tesla Model 3 LR for 16 months, to a new I-Pace earlier this year, fully expecting to see a major range reduction. In reality it's no big deal. I've never seen less that about 220 miles, and usually get around 240 miles. Sure that's a fair bit less that the ~280 miles I used to get from the Model 3 LR, but not enough to make the slightest bit of difference to the way we use the car or places we stop for a break and a charge at all.

To get under 200 miles you'd need to have a pretty heavy right foot, and spend a fair bit of time on motorways, as even driving short trips locally I seem to easily be able to get over 240 miles range.
I’m getting around 3 miles per kWh, sometimes a bit better, sometimes a bit worse. So around 240 miles range in normal driving in summer, probably 220 in winter. At 70mph you will get a bit under 2.5 miles per kWh so about 200 miles range at a constant 70mph. I’ve never managed a 3 hours drive at 70mph in the south east of England.
My issue with the I-Pace is charging speed (50-70 kW in reality) not range.
So it’s really a question of whether it fits your driving and journey patterns. Lots of motorways - probably not. Mixed driving - probably yes. Cross country- definitely yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts