Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking at buying a used Zoe from a main dealer (Arnold Clark) - they say there's no battery lease on the car, but is there any way of double checking? We've decided that in our situation it's not something that would work for us.

Thanks

·
Registered
2019 Renault Zoe R110 (ZE40)
984 Posts
The easy way to check would be to look for the 'i' badge on the back of the car. But now that dealers are starting to buy out the leases when they come in, it's not always so easy so one that originally had a lease could have been paid off.

Other than confirming with the dealer and asking for proof, you could also call RCI (Renault's finance company) and they should be able to confirm yes or no for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll try that and see what they say. It's not got an 'i' badge. I've done a check on the car and it's come back clear for finance, but I just wanted to double check. It's a large chain, so you'd hope they knew what they were talking about when I asked...

·
Registered
559 Posts
dont buy it if its already out of warranty as this cant be extended, and running one without warranty is a bad move anything going wrong can cost a bomb

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,011 Posts
dont buy it if its already out of warranty as this cant be extended, and running one without warranty is a bad move anything going wrong can cost a bomb
@MrMoonUK Don’t forget to remove your evezy referral code from your signature if you no longer have an active subscription. Anyone using it wouldn’t get the discount, and I don’t think it can be changed after signing up ;)

Reactions: MrMoonUK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rang RCI and the battery IS leased not owned outright. They also have an i model that they insist needs a battery lease, but RCI said doesn't.

Have the dealer got it back to front and the i model won't be leased? It's not possible to do the reverse and sell a battery rather than buy it, is it?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Rang RCI and the battery IS leased not owned outright. They also have an i model that they insist needs a battery lease, but RCI said doesn't.

Have the dealer got it back to front and the i model won't be leased? It's not possible to do the reverse and sell a battery rather than buy it, is it?
Ha doesn't surprise me. I have never heard of an owned going to a lease.

Hell if they have the 'i' model up for cheap as they think it's leased then maybe take a chance on it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a large chain, so you'd hope they knew what they were talking about when I asked...
Ha! They are probably the worst offenders. Part exchanged my R110 battery lease Zoe at Bristol Street Motors and they shortly listed it as a Q90 battery owned model on their website.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts