Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
EGGY
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faffing around a few weeks ago ended up browsing auto trader (dangerous), maybe I'll check to see what the car is going for I think to myself, WBAC quoted £14.8k ........ 4 weeks later I repeated, £12.5k ... any views why ?

·
Super Moderator
12,123 Posts
WBAC offer is directly linked to Auction prices.

Possible reasons why:

End of factory warranty
Large numbers coming off lease
Lower demand at auction (used car dealers don't want more)

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
8,617 Posts
Lockdown reduces car sales period. Hence low demand at auction results in WBAC either cutting prices significantly or halting altogether. You should find that prices increase again after Christmas unless we have Lockdown 3.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Used car and van prices have risen sharply since the lockdowns. Lack of new car sales has strangled supply whilst demand has been concentrated.

The exception is earlier generation electric car (24kwh Leafs etc). The demand for these these cars has dropped significantly as less people need a second car or commuter vehicle. I dont follow the i3 market but perhaps they have been effected by the same thing. Limited range = not practical as the only car (for many people).

·
EGGY
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The one thing that has changed (now I come to think of it, although not aware if they track this) is it has rolled off the warranty extension I purchased in October 2019 when it rolled off the original manufacturer warranty (its an October 2016 car), could be that

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I guess WBAC might respond to volume as, if they’ve lots already committed they’ll drop the price to balance supply when they go to auction.

You can see the history of the average advertised prices on Tesla-info (there’s an area fir i3s), just pick any similar car that’s for sale to see the charts. There does seem to have been a step change of about £1k in 94 BEV recently.

·
EGGY
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank's Jon, will have a look

1 - 9 of 9 Posts