Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 63 reg Visia about 4 weeks ago.It has less than 5000 on the clock and is a lovely clean ex motobility car. I got it from a branch of Grant McCallin - who know nothing about Electric Cars! I read as much as I could before, but seem to have missed something really stupid.

It doesn’t have a CHAdeMO socket! So I won’t be able to use the Rapid chargers. I’m really pissed off about it. I have been reading the manual and “Getting the most from your LEAF” which came with the car and there is no mention that Quick charge is an optional extra!

Does anyone. think there is any chance of getting a CHAdeMO input added to the car? I have had several unsuccessful calls with Nissan Service today. Or should I give up and try and exchange it for different one?

I really like the car and had been so enjoying being in the electric car world! Any advise or support really appreciated! Thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Welcome, and sorry to hear of your woes. Definitely no chance of getting Chademo retro fitted. Your best bet would be to take it back to the seller and explain the situation. Did they ever say it could rapid charge? If so you reject it on those grounds.

Edit; forgot to add chademo was standard on all models apart from the Visia, where it was an option.

·
Premium Member
2019 Leaf 40
6,402 Posts
Try and find the advert and see what it said. I didn’t know visias didn’t all have chademo and it wouldn’t occur to me to check.

If you mentioned rapid charging while you were buying it and they didn’t mention it couldn’t do it then you may be able to reject it if you needed rapid charging.

If you can exchange it for one with chademo then I would.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I feel your pain! I just bought a used Leaf a couple of weeks ago and realised after handing over my deposit that there were things I had overlooked. A few sleepless nights ensued. 10 days into ownership now and fortunately everything seems to be ok.
There are people around for whom the lack of a Chademo wouldn't matter. I'll probably never use one ( even though I have one) as I charge at home and don't intend to undertake any journeys where I can't get there and back on a single charge. For a second car it's less important.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
I feel your pain! I just bought a used Leaf a couple of weeks ago and realised after handing over my deposit that there were things I had overlooked. A few sleepless nights ensued. 10 days into ownership now and fortunately everything seems to be ok.
There are people around for whom the lack of a Chademo wouldn't matter. I'll probably never use one ( even though I have one) as I charge at home and don't intend to undertake any journeys where I can't get there and back on a single charge. For a second car it's less important.
Same here, I've only used a rapid charger once out of sheer curiosity rather than necessity.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Even as second car, I find the rapid charge port are still useful for Ikea trips and as a backup to when forgetting to plug in.

I'm also very surprised to learn that rapid charge port is an optional extra on Visias. You'd think it's a very important standard equipment.

·
Registered
213 Posts
It's a shame for the OP though, I can see why she would think it was standard as there are so many YouTube videos of people fiddling with apps and cards at rapid chargers lol. I hope she can get it changed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts