Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm considering setting up a small rental club with a used Model S initially. Does anyone happen to know whether the warranty Tesla do on the cars they sell used excludes any hire/business us?

Alternatively if I was to buy privately are there an independent warranty companies that do decent policies/ cover cover on Tesla's?

Appreciate any insight!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi,

I'm considering setting up a small rental club with a used Model S initially. Does anyone happen to know whether the warranty Tesla do on the cars they sell used excludes any hire/business us?

Alternatively if I was to buy privately are there an independent warranty companies that do decent policies/ cover cover on Tesla's?

Appreciate any insight!
@Paul_PRB No clauses in the terms and conditions that would prevent you from setting up the club. Those kind of clauses are ususally in insurance policies. Here is the link to the used warranty terms

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks very much for confirming the T&C's for me and for well wishes! At the moment the moment my key challenge is finding an insurance company who will work with a start up micro business providing the type of insurance needed to operate rentals (self drive hire cover). I'll keep you posted :)

·
Registered
535 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I had found them from my google searches and contacted them actually but they don’t do Tesla cars apparently!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts