Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Prices are stupid at the minute, looking at one myself but will wait a little. Sold a 22kw Zoe, should have just kept it. Made a nice profit selling tho, this was back end of February.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I’ve just traded in my 2 year old ZE40 (battery lease) and I got £10,000 for it.

I’m pretty sure it wasn’t as cheap as £14,000 when I bought it new.

The dealer bought out the battery lease on my old one and it’s now up for sale at £15,700.

It seems a lot but, it‘s still half the price of a new ZE50 GT Line.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Just last month I paid DSG Morecambe £12,240 for a diamond black 2017 R90 Signature Nav with 27k miles on the clock and warranty extended until March 2022. I was happy with my deal.

This is currently being advertised by them:

The GGZ9699 indicated is its current registration number.

·
Registered
37 Posts
My March 2019 ZE40 R110 (battery lease) recently sold for £1500 more than I paid for it new, they are in high demand at the moment.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
I can tell you that Zoe was not £14,000 new! I remember going to buy one in 2018, those were £23-24k IIRC.

I bought a 66 plate R240 in late 2018 for £10k, they’re about £7-8k now.

As far as I can tell, these are all depreciating as normal...

Edit: also looking at the listings, it seems to only be private sellers taking the piss - Renault approved used prices are completely fair.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I can tell you that Zoe was not £14,000 new! I remember going to buy one in 2018, those were £23-24k IIRC.

I bought a 66 plate R240 in late 2018 for £10k, they’re about £7-8k now.

As far as I can tell, these are all depreciating as normal...

Edit: also looking at the listings, it seems to only be private sellers taking the piss - Renault approved used prices are completely fair.
List price may have been £23-24k, but there were substantial discounts on them.

Here is a carwow quote from 2018 where you could get one for £13,800:

Screenshot_20200717-080659.png

Afraid you overpaid on your R240, as I looked at two 41kWh R90s during mid to late 2018 and the used leased cars I looked at were £9750 for a 66plate and £10,380 for a 67 plate. Both low mileage.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
From Renault as approved used?

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
No wonder the guy agreed to it so easily ;) Ah well. Was my first EV, we needed a car and they had it in stock.

Reactions: DrEskimo

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
No wonder the guy agreed to it so easily ;) Ah well. Was my first EV, we needed a car and they had it in stock.
It's one of those things that it's great if you have the time to spend waiting and looking...! I had no car and no real need for one, so had the luxury of spending the best part of 6 months looking for mine before I finally got it!

Appreciate not everyone is in the same position :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yes I'm keen on changing my 22kw for a 40kw, but the prices are still too high at the moment. Some signs they are coming down as a lot of people trading in to get the new 50kw. Feels weird that I'm happy with my car just need a bigger fuel tank!
When you get the 41kWh is becomes really hard to justify moving! The ZE40 has such a great price/mile ratio.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
I’m looking at ZE40s at the moment, the current prices and battery leases kill the value for the money. Stupidly expensive area for insurance too 😞

·
Registered
321 Posts
Yes, the range of the 40s would do me fine, but cost dictates I'll be looking at other ~30kWh models. I tend to keep cars a long time and the monthly battery lease cost is more than my current fuel spending, and I don't want to still be spending that 6 years down the line when I may be doing even less mileage.

Is it my impression though that more dealers have bought out the battery leases and are advertising unencumbered cars? There seem to be more around and looking at the photos, it's difficult to tell but they don't seem to have the 'i' on the back logo.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
No they’re just still not listing them as battery lease. I get the impression a lot of 22s have been bought out, and are listed as such.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My local Renault dealer is buying out the battery leases of all of the Zoes they get in.
They currently have 1 22kWh and 3 41kWh in stock all now battery owned (although 1 is suspiciously cheap, maybe they haven’t paid for the battery yet).
Although the used car side of the dealership isn’t as switched on as the ‘new’ side, they are advertising my old car as a Q90 which it definitely isn’t, it’s an R90.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
1,930 Posts
Which dealer?

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I’m looking at ZE40s at the moment, the current prices and battery leases kill the value for the money. Stupidly expensive area for insurance too 😞
Just have to be quick and keep your eye out. I've seen 3 or 4 battery owned 2017 model ZE40s come up for around the £15k mark.

Only a few weeks ago a member had his 2017 model up for £14,000.

I would happily sell mine for that (6months older, but half the mileage). That would represent just £500 depreciation in 18months. £27/month...!

Problem is what would I replace it with if I sold it....?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts