Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you ever cross the country on the A69 you will know how poorly served it has been, flaky coverage in Hexham and then nothing until Carlisle. Great new 50KW has popped up in the carpark at the railway station. Just a single unit but a welcome addition.

·
Registered
Peugeot e-208
611 Posts
Yeah, I noticed this pop up and stopped by a couple of weeks ago. It's a useful charger in a bit of a dry area. Would have thought the Starbucks at Bardon Mill would make a good location too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree about Bardon Mill but I wonder what the mains supply is like up in the wilds? Could be an ideal candidate fro battery storage.

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai Kona Ultimate 64kWh
1,659 Posts
I agree about Bardon Mill but I wonder what the mains supply is like up in the wilds? Could be an ideal candidate fro battery storage.
I used to live pretty much directly behind this Starbucks (or Little Chef, at the time) and the garage alone had a dedicated 3-Phase 100A supply, with 100A Single phase in the house itself. I Know at least one of my neighbours had the same too for their workshop building. I'm going to assume that the power isn't exactly lacking for this reason, and that it wouldn't be too much hassle to install a rapid or two there.

flaky coverage in Hexham
Also Electric Blue have had plans for ages now to install 2 more chargers in Hexham alongside the single one they took over from CYC. Every time I ask them they just keep answering 'soon'. If we ever see any progress there it would probably be the most welcome improvement imo. I Don't really like having to rely on locations that only have one single charger, especially like the ultracharge one you found in Haltwhistle which has super unreliable software which is prone to freezing up and not working when you most need it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts