Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been thinking about the massive size of the volume controls below the screen and I'm wondering if a future software update may shorten the volume section into the middle and give us two "hot keys" for quick access to a couple of functions, notice the white lines I have circled in red below.

Just for fun, if that did happen what would you choose for them?

I may go for Radio and CarPlay.

·
Registered
VW ID3
31 Posts
Those are there to trick people that they light up at night.
Just wished they where illuminated, that’s all...
Makes no sense that the rest of the console is illuminated and those buttons aren’t.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,851 Posts
Same in the Golf 8, not just an ID.3 thing.
Seems they are trying to copy Tesla as they are popular.
They don't realise it's the whole package that attracts our repels people, not just the minimalist interior.
Unless it's just a cheap way to manufacture cars and they are keeping costs down.
A few more buttons would be helpful. Doesn't need buttons everywhere but a few more would make things easier to find when driving.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,529 Posts
@Woodulike it is a cheaper way of manufacture. Obviously Tesla have taken it to the extreme, but all other OEMs are playing it safe as they need to cater to wider public/market.

Reactions: Woodulike

·
Registered
VW ID3
31 Posts
[mention]Trapdoor [/mention] sorry to use your picture but it’s easier.

I just can’t understand that these buttons (yellow) are illuminated and the top ones aren’t. It’s just two or three more LEDs, the wiring is already there.

·
Registered
VW ID3
31 Posts
Sorry, I meant aren’t illuminated.

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,851 Posts
The volume control is easy to use in the dark. I don't find the heating controls easy to use in the daylight either so I always touch the heated seat icons on screen and adjust from there.
I'm actually thinking there maybe something wrong with the heating controls slider now I've got used to the volume control and find it very easy to use.
If the heater controls worked as well I'd be as happy as I would with a rotary dial.

·
Registered
VW ID3
31 Posts
The volume control is easy to use in the dark. I don't find the heating controls easy to use in the daylight either so I always touch the heated seat icons on screen and adjust from there.
I'm actually thinking there maybe something wrong with the heating controls slider now I've got used to the volume control and find it very easy to use.
If the heater controls worked as well I'd be as happy as I would with a rotary dial.
It wouldn’t hurt anyone indeed to have some rotary controls. Would also liked that.

·
Registered
444 Posts
If you look at the sliders through a camera phone which can "see" IR and show it on a screen, you'll see the individual LEDs.

You can't see any IR LEDs on the steering controls using this method.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts