Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my dealers demo Soul as a loaner while my car has gone back in for a minor blemish on the door sorting. They must have overlooked charging it as I picked it up with 18% charge and now at home it is down to 14%. If I need to go anywhere in the next couple of days, I think I need to stick some kw in it otherwise I may not have enough to get it back to the dealer.

Question is, when I plug it in, will my Ohme communicate with my own car, which is sat in the dealer's body shop, and think it is already at 80% charge.

·
Registered
202 Posts
No the loan car it's physically connected to. As it's same model should work fine. Otherwise would have to change car in the app if different model. To sync with your car's API and read your SOC you will have entered Kia account login details in app but I assume these are car specific so the loan car SOC may be read as 0%. Doesn't matter, just add the number of miles or kWh you want.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I just tried charging the loaner this evening and the ohme DOES communicate with my own car sat 10 miles away in the dealers to find the SoC and work out a schedule. I could override the schedule and put it on max charge (which I did), but because I dropped my car off at the dealers with 80% SoC and have the AC limit set at 90%, the Ohme was only prepared to put 10% in because it thought that would take the car to its limit, even though the loaner was at 15% SoC. It didn't seek to get any of this info from the loaner it was plugged in to.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry! That's a most inconvenient problem then with Ohme app. As it's same model it must get confused being plugged in and trying to communicate with your car. Does it work if you sign out of your Ohme account or uninstall/reinstall app? Initially when installed app you are asked to put Kia login details but you can choose to continue without so just cannot communicate with API. Bit of a pain though to have to do this just to charge a loaner car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts