Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Utility Mode. I found this in the manual but can't select it on my 2020 eNiro. Does it exist for anyone else or is it vapour-ware? It would be super useful to have!

Utility mode (if equipped) The high voltage battery is used instead of the 12V auxiliary battery for operating the convenient features of the vehicle. When driving is not necessary such as while camping or when stopping the vehicle for a long time, it is possible to use the electrical devices (audio, lights, etc.) for long hours.

System Setting and Conditions
When the following conditions are satisfied, you can activate the Utility Mode function by selecting ‘User Settings
Convenience Utility Mode’ in the cluster.

·
Registered
863 Posts
For a 2019 car the wording is
"by selecting ‘User Settings > Convenience > Utility Mode’ in the cluster"

where the > symbol indictates moving to a sub menu each time

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
For a 2019 car the wording is
"by selecting ‘User Settings > Convenience > Utility Mode’ in the cluster"

where the > symbol indictates moving to a sub menu each time
Which is via the steering wheel mini in-dash menu, not the main touch screen.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it seems lucky you. It's definately not one of the options under Convenience on mine :-(

·
Super Moderator
7,531 Posts
<Moderator hat>
No need for that Greg. The manual in an impenetrable word salad. Real human beings with English as their first language are much more useful. If you don't want to read threads of people asking questions about their car, then, don't read this forum.

Reactions: prawlin

·
Registered
249 Posts
OK, a more constructive comment. Before saying your car is "broke", maybe re-reading the section (the OP did read at least part of the manual, since he quoted it) and seeing that you missed a step in the procedure might help.

When I think something is wrong, I go back and retrace my steps to be sure I followed the procedure. Quite often that helps me, and avoids frustration.

Greg

·
Registered
Kia e-niro 4
26 Posts
The manual in an impenetrable word salad. Real human beings with English as their first language are much more useful.
Hear hear! I have read the manual, in about 4 sittings. It's filled with so many "you may or may not have this feature, and we're not going to tell you what that is dependent on, but if you follow these instructions (which are poorly worded and sometimes not in the right order) then something might happen"

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
374 Posts
The manual is total crap. I can’t be doing with it at all, it’s an embarrassment to Kia IMO. It’s a good job the car is rather better than the manual. If I need to know anything, the manual is my very extreme last resort. I would ask on here first for certain.
So if anyone says to me RTFM, I will likely say FRO! :eek:.
Peter

·
Registered
220 Posts
Agree too the manual is not great. My Kia dealer said English written version is translated from Korean original and lots lost in translation. I was asking about locking and theft-alarm activation. He told me pressing door handle button and then the key fob lock button will deadlock the car. Nothing about that in manual I can see. According to manual doing both of these activates theft-alarm system. Who to believe? I did RTFM!
Better to ask on this forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts