Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I had my software upgraded to the latest version but now I cannot send destinations to the car. I'm assuming this is because uvo is linked to the guest account and not mine. I tried linking it to mine but it just says it failed. Do I need to deactivate it in the guest account and then link it in mind? I'm concerned that I'll completely deactivate it and won't be able to get it back!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I can get the status, start the air conditioning etc. The only thing not working is send destination. It appears to succeed but then I can't find it in the sat nav, I haven't tried using the guest account yet though, but my guess it it'll appear there!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,861 Posts
I think you are correct, your old UVO is now connected to the Guest account. This has been reported by others too.

So, you should only be able to access the "send to car" destinations from the Guest account.

Let us know if you find a way to connect your UVO app to the new account.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the way to connect it is to deactivate it on the guest account and then activate it on the correct profile. My concern is that I won't be able to reactivate if I deactivate it!

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro MY20 64 kWh - Gravity Blue
947 Posts
I installed the new version late last night and all is OK. The first time I requested the vehicle status it gave me an empty traction battery sign, but after a refresh it displayed properly. Sending location also works. I don't see any more features, but it seems to be a tad quicker.

·
Registered
64 Posts
After I installed the new version I immediately setup a profile for myself. Whilst going through the wizard, there was an option to link to a UVO account and it sent a text to the registered phone number to pair. After I did this, I setup the destinations and had no problems sending them from the app.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Have you guys ever tried the Kia Access app? It's what we are told to use in the US. I loaded the UVO app and several things seemed to be missing, and it did not seem to work as well, so just wondering if the Kia Access app works for the other markets.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In case anyone is interested I managed to get it working just by linking the uvo account - I think the phone number was missing the + at the front before so I made sure it was exactly as it shows in the uvo app.

·
Registered
Kia Niro HEV MY2020
21 Posts
In case anyone is interested I managed to get it working just by linking the uvo account - I think the phone number was missing the + at the front before so I made sure it was exactly as it shows in the uvo app.
Hi,

how exactly did you achieve to relink your uvo account to your new profile ?
When i got my car back i assume my activated uvo account was linked to guest.
I created a new profile with my name but when i try to link to uvo it says to goes to the app.

Would you be jind enough to explain the steps to unlink the uvo account from guest and relink it to a user profile ?
Thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I didn't unlink from the guest profile, I just signed into my profile, went to settings, uvo, then in the setup phase I put in my mobile number exactly as it is in the uvo app for my security code and was able to link it! My issue before was the number didn't match exactly!

·
Registered
Kia Niro HEV MY2020
21 Posts
Correct, all from the car touch screen. You only need your phone to get the confirmation code
Humm, does not seem to work. In the car when i click on « link account » it gives an error message and says that I have to check in the app. My uvo app seems fine, i’ve already logged out and reconnected. Should i try to desactivate the account in the app, no risk of losing subscription ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Humm, does not seem to work. In the car when i click on « link account » it gives an error message and says that I have to check in the app. My uvo app seems fine, i’ve already logged out and reconnected. Should i try to desactivate the account in the app, no risk of losing subscription ?
I can't remember the exact process but i know you have to re-enter your phone number in the infotainment unit and it's very picky, you need the international code beforehand (eg 44 for the UK). Unfortunately can't recall if you need the + symbol first!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts