Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had the car on charge yesterday, charge limit 80%, UVO App notified me when charge limit reached, all is well, I remotely lock the car doors via the App, job done.
Now this morning I go to the UVO App to check charge status and I get various notifications, "vehicle not responding, Server not responding" etc.
So I pop out to the car, switch on, UVO showing with four bar signal in top right hand corner, I attempt check the weather, no response, scratching my head at this point, as it appeared that the Live services where not working, checked the internet to see if KIA Live / Tomtom, where having issues but nothing showed up.
In the end, it came down to pushing the little reset button, thus resetting the Infotainment system, hey presto, everything back up and working, both within the car and on the UVO App on the phone.
So my question is, what happened to the infotainment system between 23:00 and 10:00 am this morning, is this a KIA or TomTom issue that affects the system, I would be intrested to know if anyone else has experienced this issue.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 9/20 (was Prius)
905 Posts
On a related topic. During weeks of no use lockdown, I tried checking car status via UVO app couple of weeks ago no car response. Tried it over several days, same. So I went out and just started the car normally for a while. Then tried UVO app again and it’s working Ok.

So prompted by reading this thread, I just tried it now and no response again. Error 4081. Presumably it now needs resetting but I’m not going out now. Too damned cold.
UVO is just plain flakey all round I reckon. Handy when it works, but I wouldn’t like my life to depend on it!
Peter

Reactions: Lasvegas666

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
On a related topic. During weeks of no use lockdown, I tried checking car status via UVO app couple of weeks ago no car response. Tried it over several days, same. So I went out and just started the car normally for a while. Then tried UVO app again and it’s working Ok.

So prompted by reading this thread, I just tried it now and no response again. Error 4081. Presumably it now needs resetting but I’m not going out now. Too damned cold.
UVO is just plain flakey all round I reckon. Handy when it works, but I wouldn’t like my life to depend on it!
Peter
That is the error code I had this morning 4081.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 i3 120Ah / '20 Kona 64kWh / '21 e208
3,128 Posts
I’m assuming Kia and Hyundai must share the same servers and general backend system. I’m finding it next to useless so far as it’s just so unreliable.

As you can see, it worked ok at 5:29pm this evening, but now has mysteriously decided to stop working again.

Also, it says there is no charging schedule, when there is (or at least there was)...and it hasn’t updated the charging completion time estimates.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Anyone having any issues trying to access UVO today? Was fine yesterday. Not sure if it's related to the ransomware attack.

·
3,128 Posts
I just just get minutes of this most of the time and get bored waiting for the inevitable error message. I do need to try the reset button to see if that makes a lasting difference.

·
Registered
905 Posts
My UVO is connecting and working in its usual clunky way right now.
@Bill N may I ask why you are using Bluelink and not UVO? This is not a criticism, I’m just curious. Thanks. Peter

·
3,128 Posts
@prawlin - because I have a Kona, and BlueLink is just what Hyundai decided to call it, but from what I understand, Uvo and BlueLink are, for all intents and purposes, the same thing, and it seems are often inflicted by the same issues, probably, I suspect, because they both use the same backend systems, servers etc.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Thanks @Bill N I see from the screenshot that your Bluelink looks pretty much identical to my UVO.
I honestly hadn’t twigged that you were on a Kona. All explained now thanks. Peter

Reactions: Bill N

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone having issues still? Using the Uvo app with a '20 e-Niro in the UK, went to setup a scheduled charge for tonight and my app is stuck requesting vehicle status information. Seems to fail after a minute or so saying 'No response from the vehicle [4081]'.

App thinks last update was 2 days ago now.

EDIT: Spoke too soon, used the reset button by the power/volume knob and Uvo came back to life almost straight away :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts