Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I make a grave error that will result in a lot of hassle trying to rectify later-on, how can an additional driver have the use of the UVO app?

Do they download the app and register their own account and email address, or do they register the account in my name and with my credentials?

I don't want to do the former and then discover that having two different accounts linked to the same car causes mayhem 馃槼

Registered
Yes, it can be shared, the first user gives them access to it. From the UVO app you can send an invitation to another mobile number to share access. I don't remember the exact details but my wife and I share access and both receive notifications. As I remember it was pretty straightforward.

Quick edit: UVO App -> menu -> click on your car at the bottom of the menu -> "Request to share car". I think the english is a bit twisted but it says "Request a user to share the car to access this service" and asks for a mobile number.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it can be shared, the first user gives them access to it. From the UVO app you can send an invitation to another mobile number to share access. I don't remember the exact details but my wife and I share access and both receive notifications. As I remember it was pretty straightforward.

Quick edit: UVO App -> menu -> click on your car at the bottom of the menu -> "Request to share car". I think the english is a bit twisted but it says "Request a user to share the car to access this service" and asks for a mobile number.
View attachment 143308
Thanks for your fast response.

I can't find any menu in my UVO app.馃ゴ

I just have 3 pages along the top ...'remote' 'status' & 'schedule'.

Attachments

Registered
Kia Eniro 4+
Thanks for your fast response.

I can't find any menu in my UVO app.馃ゴ

I just have 3 pages along the top ...'remote' 'status' & 'schedule'.
Hit close on the screen you show, then tap the three bars top left then tap the car at the bottom.

Super Moderator
I just used my login info on my partners device, works fine.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hit close on the screen you show, then tap the three bars top left then tap the car at the bottom. View attachment 143310
Ok thanks for that.

I've got to the share screen, entered the additional drivers mobile number, but I get this message...
"Please enter a valid mobile number. There is no account associated with this mobile number" 鈽.

Registered
We just use the same login details on both phones but I suppose with the newer head unit software you'd want to have separate profiles and thus separate UVO logins?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Perhaps it needs a country code, just guessing.
It pre-populates the country code.
Perhaps they have to set up an account and download the app first, THEN share it?
I thought that in the first place but I thought that having two different email log-ins would cause confusion, hence why the main user shares their log-in details for the second user.

I suppose I'll have to give it a go and suffer any consequences 馃ゴ

Registered
When you have a country code the standard is to remove the leading 0 in your phone number, have you tried the number with and without the leading 0? I reminder once I had to use the 0 with a country code but can't remember if it was UVO

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Perhaps they have to set up an account and download the app first, THEN share it?
Yes, I have found this to be the way to do it.

The second user opened an UVO account with their own email address & password, then requested (via their account) car sharing to be implemented from my account by inputting my mobile number (registered with my account). I received and then accepted the request.

The car then showed-up on their app.

It has been successful, so now we have it functional on both phones.

We just use the same login details on both phones but I suppose with the newer head unit software you'd want to have separate profiles and thus separate UVO logins?
As far as I can tell so far, there is no correlation between the UVO app and driver profiles. Tbh, the driver profiles seem to have little benefit other than to personalise radio stations. The profiles are not "key dependent " either, so it is a faff having to change profile on the infotainment screen each time there is a change of driver. It's hardly worth the effort.

Many thanks to all contributors for helping with resolving this issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Could you let us know how you resolved this?
See post #14

My apologies, I thought I had posted it yesterday, but found it still lurking in my reply compilation screen 馃ゴ

Registered
Have you set up profiles for both drivers and linked each of the UVO apps to the relevant profiles. It will be more than the radio stations because you adjust different settings to suit each drivers tastes. These settings can be backed up in UVO in case an update wipes the previous settings off. Check the menu bar on the map screen of UVO and go to settings.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have you set up profiles for both drivers and linked each of the UVO apps to the relevant profiles. It will be more than the radio stations because you adjust different settings to suit each drivers tastes. These settings can be backed up in UVO in case an update wipes the previous settings off. Check the menu bar on the map screen of UVO and go to settings.
How do I link driver profiles to UVO?

There is nothing shown on my UVO settings to do this.

Registered
Has been a long while since I did mine and I don't have a second driver profile, mine is also an Ionic (Bluelink) but the process should be the same.
Go to the profile settings in your car infotainment screen there was an option to link with the app and in the first drop down menu was an item to link with the car, it was the last item in the menu on mine if I remember rightly.
Use the 3 bars icon in top left corner of map screen.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts