Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden, my UVO app has stopped working. From the app, if I hit refresh, I don't get a reply. From in the car, I have tried to Activate UVO (from the Settings menu) and nothing happens (error after a few minutes saying mobile signal is lost) and I have tried to Deactivate UVO and Reset - same error. I can see that there is a data signal in the top right hand corner of the display.

I was wondering if there was a central server issue, or is it my car. Does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Just checked my car's status, and it worked (after some delay, as happens sometimes). That said, there have been some occasions where I gave up on it.

I'm in USA, btw

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is working OK, but if you can tell me how to find out what my password is that would be brilliant!

I've found what might be a way to read teh SOC remotely using a 'NodeRed' package, but it requires my UVO password. I've forgotten that and there appears to be no way to get a reminder from the app. (I'm still logged in).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine is working OK, but if you can tell me how to find out what my password is that would be brilliant!

I've found what might be a way to read teh SOC remotely using a 'NodeRed' package, but it requires my UVO password. I've forgotten that and there appears to be no way to get a reminder from the app. (I'm still logged in).
Sorted - just have to take the plunge and log out!

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Most other manufacturers‘ apps seem flaky so wouldn’t surprise me if this one was too. My new app works 100% of the time, they're called legs and they carry me to the car 😂 It’s surprising how little I have missed an app.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
... and this morning, it's working again without me doing anything. Oh well, just one of those things I suppose.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a small reset button (next to volume control). Press this. It resets the system. That fixed it for me. Just a reboot and back up and running again.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had the same problem, posted on another thread. I hit the reset to fix. Response now seems a bit faster than before.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Anyone using the Ohme ‘smart’ charger app?

I’ve been using it and occasionally it works. At the moment it only works if the car isn’t charging or if it’s unplugged when it will show the current SOC.
As soon as you start to charge it loses the SOC and shows as charging from 0 to whatever the target is with target time set in accordance with that. So basically it’s all nonsense.
I’ve told Ohme and they’re supposed to be looking at it.
Fortunately we don’t rely on it because for us it just isn’t any use.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Anyone using the Ohme ‘smart’ charger app?
Yep, I'm using Ohme too. I've only had the car and the Ohme a few weeks. It has kind of worked, although with Covid, I've not had much travel and therefore not much need to charge.

I haven't had the issue you mention. A few times, Ohme couldn't connect to the car. The first time, I reset the Ohme app and it worked. The second time was today, and the issue was with the car. The UVO app wasn't working either then, and I had to reboot the car (as indicated in the thread above

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tried some stuff over the weekend. It connects to the car OK, just doesn’t pick up the current SOC. car was charging from 240 to 270. It was showing that it was charging from - - to 270, but accepting the target time of about 1.5 hours later.
it got to and passed the 270 then stopped charging at the target time. Definitely the Ohme app stopping it because the UVO app notified me that something else had stopped the charge. Once it’s stopped charging the Ohme then picks up the SOC and displays it.
It’s hard to figure out what is going on but it’s definitely connecting to the car just in a very random (and largely useless) way.
As I said, I’ve notified Ohme and they say their techs are looking at it. In the meantime, it’s just a dumb charger.
I’ve got the app on two devices, have signed out and in, have deleted and reinstalled the app, still it’s the same.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Mine right now (after reboot) is showing 64mi to 188mi (70%, which is the cap I set). I'll let you know tomorrow if it worked

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
389 Posts
My UVO appears to be not working yesterday and today. App (eventually) says car not responding. It’s always worked previously (albeit rather clunky as expected). All mobile signals are strong here. I haven’t driven car for 8 days but will be doing later so maybe that will sort it? Failing that I’ll try the reset button.

I know my 12V is good so it’s not that.

Peter

·
Registered
315 Posts
My UVO appears to be not working yesterday and today. App (eventually) says car not responding. It’s always worked previously (albeit rather clunky as expected). All mobile signals are strong here. I haven’t driven car for 8 days but will be doing later so maybe that will sort it? Failing that I’ll try the reset button.

I know my 12V is good so it’s not that.

Peter
Working fine here.

·
Registered
E-Niro 64kWh '4' since 22/9/20 (was Prius)
389 Posts
Did 40 minute round trip, now UVO working again. At home in exact same location. Car must have just needed a start/stop nudge I suppose. Maybe the UVO 'station' in the car stops listening for interrogation requests after being unused for a while? It was 7 days since I last drove it.

Peter

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
1,858 Posts
That's a wow from me @prawlin, 7 days!

But it is good to know that the car is saving energy when left alone for a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts