Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Ex MY20 4 - MY21 4+ Due January
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Consensus appears to be that maintaining charge between 20% & 80% is best for the battery.
In which case why does the UVO app not allow a charge percentage to be selected?
Set up a Scheduled charge for 1230AM to 7.30AM (our off peak times) together with an 8AM departure time (daft!) but no option to preset a charge limit.
Read on another forum somewhere that this facility was available on a Kia Soul a few years ago but has been removed!
Am I missing something or are Kia actively preventing us practicing best battery maintenance?
We have a Zappi home charger which will limit charge percentage but only as part of what seems to be a more complex power sharing setting.
Apologies if this has already been covered here but my search found nothing that helped.

·
Registered
Ex MY20 4 - MY21 4+ Due January
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its definitely not in a logical place - and the route to it seem non-sensible
However it does seem to work
Once I found it I realised I’d been there before - as with the car itself though they make everything harder as there is no logical ‘tree’ to locate everything. Spend ages looking for a feature amongst the many menu options on the main screen only to find it was on the little screen and accessed from the steering wheel all along!
No doubt I’ll get there in the end but some logic to it all would certainly make it quicker and easier - especially as I’ll need to find it 2 or 3 times at least before I actually remember how I did it!

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,523 Posts
Wrong thread, can moderator delete this.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,523 Posts
Wrong thread, can moderator delete this.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts