Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hola Bonitas,

I got MY2020 Kia E-Niro in white. It's lovely, after driving '19 for two weeks - I love the car.

We got an update of the UVO app recently and it shows up a new tab called "Navi Linkage". However, when pressing it in the app I get "Available after account has been linked". To be fair, all english translations in this app are a wee bit off - so I'm used to it. After quizzing the sales person - they said that there will be a software update - and it's an OTA one.
There's an "update" menu under settings->general->version and something.

But I wonder if anyone here knows anything more about it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
@Gary J in the app, select the search bar on top - and you'll see four tabs: Nearby, Fav, Recent, Navi Linkage.
I got version 1.5.1 of the app on my mobile device as well.

Registered
Wonder if it could be a google link or something? On the BMW connected drive you could link it to your google account and send locations direct from google to the car.

Registered
"Hi, we can鈥檛 yet confirm how the upcoming Navi Linkage connectivity will work, but it's appeared due to ongoing development and will become functional through a future update. "

Does not sound cryptic to me, sounds like "it's not implemented yet, please wait"

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Or that it's implemented but they are testing it. One of the reason "traditional" OEMs are way behind folks at Tesla, is because they take forever to do testing and approval process. Still set-up in such a way that once things are done - they cannot be changed.
I was promised OTA update for this by the dealership - so I will be kicking the fuss of it's otherwise.

Registered
Yeah, I have heard people talk about OTA updates, but I have not seen this advertised for KIA. I take what the dealership tells me as normally not true or uninformed - unfortunately; color me cynical in that area. :)

Greg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts