Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I received the first of the 2020 updates last week in the car. Looks like this is getting pushed to most cars.

I haven’t noticed anything radically different, but here are the release notes.

Attachments

·
Registered
671 Posts
Just a bug fix release (unless you wanted to check if you have v3 hardware and had never driven past a cone), and with these no feature updates it usually includes the latest neural net, but I've not seen any comments about improvements, just a couple of people thinking the regen may be stronger.
I can't check my car as it's been sat with tesla service the last week, but the one thing I could never get working reliably was the voice commands. Hopefully they've improved those a bit.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a pre-facelift Model S with AP1 so the first generation MCU1.

This update brings a lot of things that arrived in time for Christmas elsewhere, for example enhanced voice recognition and backgammon (I went from 2019.40.2.3 to 2020.4.1).

A quick test of the voice recognition revealed it was a bit glitchy - sometimes it was completely deaf to my voice, sometimes it misheard and sometimes it was okay, for example I occasionally got the wing mirrors to fold and unfold and switch heated seats on. It would only increase temperature, never turn it down or switch things off though. So a step in the right direction but very beta. I am pleased that they have made it available for older cars though and still hold out hope that one day I'll be able to turn on front/rear fog lights without glancing down to navigate the touchscreen.

But the most unexpected bonus appears to be the web browser which is widely reported to be working on MCU1 cars now, and I believe the main map is now a lot more responsive. If both remain stable I see it as a big bonus as I thought the developers had given up doing any optimisation for MCU1, which seemed to be struggling to cope with the V10 operating system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts