Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I strongly feel V2G or V2H is the future, plus it alleviates the requirement for home batteries if you want to run off-grid etc. With such benefits, I don't understand why no CCS-equipped EV maker has got public trials underway.
I know about the OVO Nissan V2G scheme, but it seems Chademo is dying out. That leaves CCS, with no standard bidirectional protocol (to my knowledge). Does anyone have an insight into when this may change?

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Officially 2025, but probably before then as that is holding V2X back significantly.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
No manufacturer is doing it because the standard doesn't exist.

I'll be interested to understand why it's taking so long and whether the system can be backwards compatible with existing vehicles (through software or hardware).

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Taking so long as you have to get all the manufacturers to agree and be happy with it(as they are the ones with the fingers in the pies) and then make sure its the same for CCS Type1 & Type 2.

Minefield comes to mind, and good luck with that considering they are looking to get CCS2.0 ratified and all that goes with that... 2025 at the earliest i think. at which point most people wont be bothered as they'll be happy with a home storage unit instead.

OR
we will still be on lockdown and it wont matter as Leafs will be even cheaper and perfect to park up a 24kwh leaf30 round the back and strip it for parts until it just functions as a storage unit :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts