Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've just purchased a 62kw leaf, currently have a 24kw and an Indra/charged EV smart charger

I'm really interested in getting a V2G charger, has anyone managed to get one out of trial, I can't seem to find any prices to buy one, I'd want to use it as V2H - we have solar and i think it makes sense rather to invest in home batteries.

Does anyone know of any V2H chargers that could use an OLEV grant?

I have emailed OVO but it looks like their trial has ended hence my questions.

Thanks
Jit

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don't think there are any opportunities to get an AC output from a DC battery via an AC charger. The only system that currently allows it is the DC Chademo system, which has the functionality built-in. But a Chademo charger costs many thousands only works with older designs like Mk1 Leaf and Mitsubishi PHEV.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Add on another year for that now as well, and thats only going to be new cars. i very much doubt any current CCS car is going to get updates to allow it.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
We've just purchased a 62kw leaf, currently have a 24kw and an Indra/charged EV smart charger

I'm really interested in getting a V2G charger, has anyone managed to get one out of trial, I can't seem to find any prices to buy one, I'd want to use it as V2H - we have solar and i think it makes sense rather to invest in home batteries.

Does anyone know of any V2H chargers that could use an OLEV grant?

I have emailed OVO but it looks like their trial has ended hence my questions.

Thanks
Jit

I dont think the trial has ended but has reached the level of sign ups they need so you could ask to be put on the backup list.
Failing that and if your feeling flush there is this option...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I think Wallbox are doing a V2G charger via Octopus and are also taking pre-orders, cost is about £4K.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess the prices will come down

£4K is too much!

I will hold out for the OVO trial, hopefully they will need a few more

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
Probably already covered, but as far as I know, OLEV do not have a grant specifically aimed at V2G and one that covers a significant fraction of the cost of the same.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
£4K does sound a lot but remember... you wouldn't need to buy a home battery system which would cost well over that £4K for a decent sized system.

I would love to have V2H right now. Just joining Octopus Agile and we are having trouble seeing how we can avoid cooking between 4pm and 7pm. A battery would solve that but at £5k for a battery system seems completely OTT when looking at how much it would save us once we are on Agile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts