Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 BMW i3 120Ah / '20 Hyundai Kona 64kWh
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of videos and rumours swirling.....

·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
Maybe they’re just on free vend until they get properly commissioned?

It at least shows that Tesla are fully compliant with the CCS standard. ;)

·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm yeah maybe - don’t know much about it really or whether the locations where it’s working only went live recently or what.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,386 Posts
If Tesla did this I'd probably use their chargers over anyone else's as i know they generally just work. I assume they'd charge non Tesla cars a higher rate per kWh to charge?

Maybe they're getting tax payer money to increase their network and open access was part of the deal?

·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So....where exactly are the V3 Superchargers in the UK again...?

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
I think there's like two locations, one of which is at a Tesla service centre.
There’s 4 in the UK, plus one about to come online.

An increasing number across Europe as well.

Rumor is almost all of the new installations being built now are also V3

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
It's been confirmed it's a big and being patched asap.

Some locations are very busy at times so is be wary of being a non Tesla charging on one of these if a queue of Tesla drivers forms wanting to charge I would be surprised if the car just gets unplugged or blocked in....

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
It's been confirmed it's a big and being patched asap.

Some locations are very busy at times so is be wary of being a non Tesla charging on one of these if a queue of Tesla drivers forms wanting to charge I would be surprised if the car just gets unplugged or blocked in....
Well, it’s only V3 affected. So not a huge deal.

Maybe it’s just a marketing ploy to get new customers? ;)

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Ha ha it would be a good way to show ionity up if they undercut the price but personally I wouldn't be happy if it was all stalls at sites that were accessible. It would make sense if it was like destination chargers and only some had the ability at a site. But as has been confirmed, it's a bug being worked on.

·
Registered
249 Posts
What a bleak view of human nature you have. "I drive a Tesla. He does not drive a Tesla. He is my enemy. I will harm him."

·
1,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
What a bleak view of human nature you have. "I drive a Tesla. He does not drive a Tesla. He is my enemy. I will harm him."
Did I miss something? What was this in response to?

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
Think the fact is they are committing a crime, abstraction of electricity, using a site which they are not entitled to and taking something of value which they should not have. Certainly for the UK.

Ref:

The sites are clearly labelled Tesla only and the principle if you have either paid for it in you car purchase, you have an allowance from Tesla you are using or indeed you are on pay per use. If you are not in a Tesla and in one of the groups then it is theft.

Admittedly somewhat amusing in some sense but lets call it what it is, it isnt a system which is designed for free vend and no one expects it, so when it appears it is clearly a fault. Would be mightily pissed off if I turned up at Superchargers to find a pile of freeloaders blocking the stalls.

Tesla can choose to open the network yes, but until then these people are simply blocking access.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
Clearly Zoe drivers are the enemy here with their glacial 35 kW charging speeds on CCS.

Rumour is that Tesla will soon provide an option for Ben-Hur style pop-out wheel spikes, so we can put an end to the scourge of Zoe (and Twizy) drivers!!!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,526 Posts
Would be mightily pissed off if I turned up at Superchargers to find a pile of freeloaders blocking the stalls.
We should ask questions about the morality (or lack of) of these people.

What else do they do in their spare time? Fiddle their taxes? Shoplift from Boots? Vote for Boris?

I think we should be told...

1 - 20 of 143 Posts