Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Valence U2712XP. Check valence.com for detailed specifications.
Best Lithium batteries in the market retailing new for $2000. These ones have been very little used.
They normally have a life of 4000 cycles DOD at 80% which means that if charge/discharged to 80% every day they would last more than 10 years with No maintenance.
As seen from the pictures I charge them and connect to the computer with Valence software. In the section of Charge Discharge Cycle Control of History Log, this one shows just 44 cycles!! So practically new for £180 each

No Maintenance, chargeable with most standard lead acid charger (as stated by the manufacturer).
Ideal as leisure batteries, ev projects and energy storage systems.

For more info check Valence website - model U2712XP. Limited stock.

Thanks for looking.
David 07769810308

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Valence U2712XP. Check valence.com for detailed specifications.
Best Lithium batteries in the market retailing new for $2000. These ones have been very little used.
They normally have a life of 4000 cycles DOD at 80% which means that if charge/discharged to 80% every day they would last more than 10 years with No maintenance.
As seen from the pictures I charge them and connect to the computer with Valence software. In the section of Charge Discharge Cycle Control of History Log, this one shows just 44 cycles!! So practically new for £180 each

No Maintenance, chargeable with most standard lead acid charger (as stated by the manufacturer).
Ideal as leisure batteries, ev projects and energy storage systems.

For more info check Valence website - model U2712XP. Limited stock.

Thanks for looking.
David 07769810308
Hi David,
Are these still available?, they could solve my EV conversion dilemma. I'm after 6 of them. I'm near Cambridge though so picking up would be an issue, would you consider posting?, I may be able to arrange a courier to pick up.
Thanks
Paul

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi David,
Are these still available?, they could solve my EV conversion dilemma. I'm after 6 of them. I'm near Cambridge though so picking up would be an issue, would you consider posting?, I may be able to arrange a courier to pick up.
Thanks
Paul
Hi Paul,
I still have some. Could you please call me on 07769810308 and we can discuss?
Thanks
David

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello David
I may be interested in one or two of these packs but not for an EV so my apologies if this is the wrong place to discuss.
I'm hoping to use them as leisure batteries in a camper van. Primarily charged from the alternator and possibly by solar.
While Valence states the packs can be charged by any standard lead acid charger and provide charge & float voltage recommendations, they also sell an external BMS.
Would I be risking the pack (and my safety) by not using one?
I'm assuming it would be better to use a programable B2B charger than a standard split relay.

If you have any thoughts, that would be great.
Many thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello David
I may be interested in one or two of these packs but not for an EV so my apologies if this is the wrong place to discuss.
I'm hoping to use them as leisure batteries in a camper van. Primarily charged from the alternator and possibly by solar.
While Valence states the packs can be charged by any standard lead acid charger and provide charge & float voltage recommendations, they also sell an external BMS.
Would I be risking the pack (and my safety) by not using one?
I'm assuming it would be better to use a programable B2B charger than a standard split relay.

If you have any thoughts, that would be great.
Many thanks.
Call me on 07769810308 and we can discuss.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, What are the dimensions of these batteries? Do you reckon that they would be suitable as traction batteries for an Enfield 8000? Mine is a 72 volt version. so it would need 6 of these.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice cars!!! They can be add in series and ate extremely pearl but I am not sure about control. Give me a call on 07769810308 and we can discuss. Cheers,
David

·
Registered
178 Posts
Any still available?
I'm thinking of 4 or 8. (to replace lead acid batteries in a 48v system)
Do you need to have a special BMS computer or can these be used in place of dumb lead acid batteries?
If I did want to know charge state do you know where I could get a simple indicator? I saw valence had one for the RT series but not the XP series.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello David or any 1 that might have or Saling a Bms for valence u-xp27 batteries with canbus i can purchase it,I will really appreciate it if any 1 can help me out in this matter.
Regards
Khan.

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
Hello David or any 1 that might have or Saling a Bms for valence u-xp27 batteries with canbus i can purchase it,I will really appreciate it if any 1 can help me out in this matter.
Regards
Khan.
we have several of the bms units. email [email protected]

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks a mill Mike for getting in touch I have emailed you the bms and the batteries picture. Its the Bms and the software I'm looking for but anything will help.
Much obliged.
Khan.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts