Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,922 Posts
Then take a steady drive back home, can’t see any harm in that really ???.
Trouble is that there are people who can't understand basic information. Hence the screams for clarity when Boris first mooted the steps to stage 3 lockdown. Who can't understand that it's all about staying 2m away from non household members. The numpties who have a 100 person mass party in Birmingham yesterday, that's who. These are the people who make those in power frightened to let go.:eek::eek::eek:o_Oo_Oo_O:rolleyes::mad:

Your trip to look at the sea and back, providing no breakdowns etc, should harm no-one and do your mental health a power of good. Not that I'm advocating you should do it and break the law. I just wish you, like us, had a bit more freedom.

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
The restrictions are in place to stop older people like us travelling to the seaside, all public toilets are closed and they know we will not make it
home without peeing ourselves. MG knew this when they used plastic instead of leather for the seats and optional rubber mats!
How very very true @rogerdee .
As old age quickly approaches, the range of our bladders become more important than the range of our EV's it appears !.
The ZS EV has a reported W.L.T.P. range of approx 166 miles, I find the electric range of the ZS well exceeds my wife's P.B.R. ( Personal Bladder Range ).
Some companies like Costa etc are slowly starting to offer a take away / drive through service.
This is good, but I am sure they will not be opening there toilet facilities to there customers.
Strange, considering that most super markets DO offer toilet facilities for a greater number of people ?.
Strange times alright.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have had my car from the 6th January, so I did get some chance to try out the car before the shut down buggered us all up !.
Given the price of the car, I think there is not a lot to moan about really.
Yes it has its issues alright, but doesn’t just about every car.
Never driven the ICE version of the car and I am really glad about that.
The engine / power train of any car can make or break the whole driving experience for me.
An average quality car with poor engine, is a poor car and a bad seller.
The same car with a great power train, can elevate the whole car and therefore increases the sales.
Electrifying the ZS had just that effect in my opinion.
Question :- Do you think anybody who had a test drive in a ZS EV would then go on to order the ICE version of this car instead ?.
Not many I guess.
Speaking only for myself here, I never would have bought the ZS with either choice of the ICE power units.
The major requirement for changing from my previous PHEV was that the car had to be a full BEV.
There is a really good choice of cars / SUV’s out there to match or better the ZS, but many of them come with an ICE.
It depends what is more important / higher on your list of priorities and if the car suits your needs.
The number one item on my list was it HAD to be electric.
A better built car with an ICE was not going to cut it I am afraid.
Not many early Tesla owners bought their cars expecting them to have the same build quality as a German built car ?.
Nothing wrong with that, just lower on their own personal list of things that really mattered to that individual.
I still think for the money, there is nothing on the BEV / SUV market to beat the ZS EV.
I quite agree I got my zs ev on the 3rd of March and im over the moon with it.Yes it has some niggles with it ,I find the build Quality very good considering the price.hey the Tesla build Quality isn't that great considering the price that they are.Personaly for me the cheapest option was to pay cash, as for PCP in most instances you will not own the car at the end of the contract and you pay through the nose for the privelage of having one.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I think the e-Niro, it's most obvious competitor,
eNiro I agree is the nearest competitor and I had one on order before the MG was announced and actually took delivery of it so as not to lose my deposit and sold it on before I got to appreciate it too much. With discounts (and I was in the first 1,000 orders) there was a £10,000 price difference and at the time I judged that for the few extra features and the range I actually needed £10 was a lot to pay. In retrospect, I regret my decision. The eNiro not only was more feature-rich but the implementation of the features they both share is in every point better implemented and refined on the eNiro and yes it is worth the money since every EV specific feature on the ZS that makes it worth going EV, just don't really work as well as they should. So I'll be changing the car far sooner than I would have, The ZS isn't a long term prospect, and the total cost of ownership will be higher as a result than it should have / would have been than if I'd kept the eNiro and forgone my MG deposit.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I have never driven the e.Niro to make a true comparison to the ZS EV.
The extra range would be nice, if you needed it !.
But if not, paying £10,000 for an extra bit of refinement on the features is a LOT of money in my book.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,922 Posts
I didn't, but for those like me that didn't I've found a very reasonable priced company in Yorkshire that do one for £124.99 with free delivery. MG one at local dealer was £179!! I've not received it yet so I won't do a link until I've had chance to test it.
Okay, I got my son-in-law to continuity check the cable and then went to my local Tesco to check it out. It worked fine and didn't go bang so I reckon it must be OK.

I got it from Third Rock Energy of Pontefract. It was delivered quite quickly.

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,922 Posts
What is the "Sea Side" ?.
Arrrrhhhh .......... Wait, now I remember ( just about ! ).
Living in Wales, we have some lovely "Sea Sides" to visit.
But that is out of the question right now :eek:.
Maybe I should take my bucket & spade and a bag of sand to the super market car park next week :cry:.
Yes, I was surprised that when your Leader allowed the opening of unnecessary shops he still kept the 5 mile rule :( Hopefully not long for you to wait. News from your side of the border seems to hint it will be in the next couple of weeks.;):)

Reactions: Carty

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Yes, I was surprised that when your Leader allowed the opening of unnecessary shops he still kept the 5 mile rule :( Hopefully not long for you to wait. News from your side of the border seems to hint it will be in the next couple of weeks.;):)
Appears to be a strange thing to do ?.
Open up the retail shops, but not lift the 5 mile travel restriction.
How do they expect people to get to these shops ?.
Unless you are luck ( or unlucky ) to have a number of these shops right on your door step, your pretty much knackered !.
The Welsh minister has said, he would like to lift the restriction in two weeks.
Strange to make the decision to consider opening Wales to everybody at the same time.
He could have lifted the 5 mile restriction to the Welsh people first ?.
We live 6.5 miles inside of the Welsh border so are 1.5 miles short of driving in freedom over the border into England.
How frustrating is that !.:eek:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts