Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

Unfortunately the missus decided to reverse my ampera out of the driveway as i had blocked it in. Since the ampera is virtually silent she didn't realize it was moving and went straight into the wall. From the damage i have been advised by a garage i require a new bumper, bumper insert and tailgate.

I have managed to locate some parts online but they have what they are calling slight but repairable damage (creases). Can anyone help where i may be able to locate these parts from ?!? I am based in Manchester in the UK. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
The best there is at what I do
10,631 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
sorry to hear about the damage.

Vauxhall Ampera 2013 tailgate
Another Breaker with a 13 plate white Ampera in Redcar.

UK Breakers Yards are probably your best bet , most will advertise on E bay ,

As the model is so rare in the UK , there is no real aftermarket parts & spares for major parts so you might have to accept what's available, creases and all etc.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate mishap, some parts do turn up on EBay from time to time but be careful of people offering you exactly the parts you need, there are a lot of scammers out there just trying to part you with your money.

Just saw this on EBay, tail gate looks OK:

BREAKING NOW 2014 VAUXHALL AMPERA 1.4 POSITIV HYBRID CALL 01594827333 OR MESSAGE
Rear end & tailgate on that car are fine. It's the front left that got stoved-in, and I bought the tyre off the back right as my spare.

·
10,631 Posts
Rear end & tailgate on that car are fine. It's the front left that got stoved-in, and I bought the tyre off the back right as my spare.
The rear left has also taken a whack, big dent just in front of where the rear bumper joins the quarter panel, doesn't look like that bumper is too bad, probably needs repainting anyway to match the OP's colour.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
The rear left has also taken a whack, big dent just in front of where the rear bumper joins the quarter panel, doesn't look like that bumper is too bad, probably needs repainting anyway to match the OP's colour.
You're right - I'd forgotten that. The tailgate's ok - I opened it, looking to see if they had the granny charger in there I could buy - but was missing. That damage to back left is why I didn't buy a left-side tyre, and the back right was furthest from the worst-damaged area!

·
Premium Member
10,680 Posts
I hope they know what they are doing dismantling it. Even when it looks flat the battery is charged and 400V DC is somewhat fatal...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you for the replies everybody. Tried to contact arnold clark but they never pick the phone up, one woman put me on hold for over 40 minutes then hung up!! I have managed to find parts on ebay but they have slight creases which will require ironing out. All in all the cost looks to be in the region of 18-2000 gbp. Started to wonder whether the fuel savings is actually worth all this headache lol. If anyone comes across a breaker then please let me know asap. Thank you once again everybody for your help.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Tried to contact arnold clark but they never pick the phone up, one woman put me on hold for over 40 minutes then hung up!!
Par for the course. Try complaining on their Twitter feed as they don't like a public humiliation.
Arnold Clark really are the most useless bunch and are putting me off ever buying another electric Vauxhall.

·
Registered
929 Posts
'So Far ' had no issues with them , got through to main number - patched through to the service desk where the guy took down details & booked in motor , follow up text & email confirming .
warranty ( wheels & busted smart lock handle ) , handle is on order , wheels have been photo'd and on awaiting response from HQ. car vax'd , washed and out by mid day , inspection report e mailed & courtesy text received before I got home . I

·
Registered
438 Posts
'So Far ' had no issues with them , got through to main number - patched through to the service desk where the guy took down details & booked in motor , follow up text & email confirming .

That had been my positive experience, plus having bought the car from there, they pick up and return it to my house for servicing or recalls. But, this time (4 wks ago) having been serviced and mot'd as part of a two year pre paid plan it arrived back with a flyer offering 'Clark Plan', a further two years service/mot for £244.

Beware! It does not comply with Vauxhall Warranty. I didn't renew over the phone fortunately and decided to call in as I had a Rewards voucher from the defunct Vauxhall debit card. They couldn't accept the voucher as part payment as the service isn't Vauxhall approved but a much more cursory Arnold Clark service. I would hope the misunderstanding over the Ampera would have been sorted when the 'ordinary' mechanic couldn't have touched the Ampera but who knows!
Best case scenario, I've just had two years cheap services and mot's with the Lifetime warranty activated. Worse case, next year would have seen the Lifetime warranty deaded.
Of course, albeit for the first time ever, I could have gotten hold of the wrong end of that stick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi, thank you again for your advice, been busy in the work shop. Had to get the vehicle jigged!! had to replace the entire rear bumper and the bumper reinforcement bar. My last headache is the electric brake ecu has slightly been damaged and needs replacing, does anyone know if this is the same ecu unit out of the insignia ? please advice. photos attached to help...

Attachments

·
10,631 Posts
hi, thank you again for your advice, been busy in the work shop. Had to get the vehicle jigged!! had to replace the entire rear bumper and the bumper reinforcement bar. My last headache is the electric brake ecu has slightly been damaged and needs replacing, does anyone know if this is the same ecu unit out of the insignia ? please advice. photos attached to help...
They do look very similar, there are loads on EBAY to look at photos, yours says it is ECU A33G, the same as this one although some of the numbers on the actuator are different:

VAUXHALL INSIGNIA 2.0 CDTI 08-13 HAND BRAKE ELECTRIC + CONTROL UNIT IN GOOD CON

What about giving this guy a call and seeing if he still has the Brake ECU:

BREAKING NOW 2014 VAUXHALL AMPERA 1.4 POSITIV HYBRID CALL 01594827333 OR MESSAGE

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have contacted the second listing. I bought the bumper and bumper reinforcement off them. Lucky for me the bumper is the same colour as my car lol. The first listing is incompatible as i double checked with arnold clark but fingers crossed the second listing gets back to me. These cars are a lot more complicated then i thought.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Car is finally back on road now, on the minus side is. i have lost my home charger cable. anyone know any place i can get a cheap replacement ?!?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts