Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying Ampera but wonder where I can get it serviced as Vauxhall apparently stopped in 2018. Does anyone know where they can be serviced. I live in the Salisbury area.

·
Registered
Ioniq 38kWh
590 Posts
Bellingers in Wantage is one of the recommended dealers that still service Amperas. When I had mine I was happy to travel from Bristol. They generally do a good job and seem to know the cars very well.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
If the one your looking at still has the 8 year voltec warranty intact then Bellingers or another vauxhall ampera servicing garage is needed. Outside the warranty then one of the HEVRA garages can look after it.

I'll add my vote for Bellingers, they look after mine as its still in warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If the one your looking at still has the 8 year voltec warranty intact then Bellingers or another vauxhall ampera servicing garage is needed. Outside the warranty then one of the HEVRA garages can look after it.

I'll add my vote for Bellingers, they look after mine as its still in warranty.
Thanks Guys, the savings involved in ownership easily justify a long distance journey to the service centre. Possibly now Vauxhall have the Corsa EV they will have HV trained technicians who could probably do the Ampera as well because of the similar technology. The petrol engine driven generator side to charge the battery must be similar to every car on the road or every diesel locomotive on the rail network.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
The ICE is the standard 1.4 Corsa engine I believe - out of the GM parts bin, like a lot of the running gear. I did ask the local (non-ampera) Vauxhall Garage and whilst they will service now it seems the Voltec warranty would go as they are not one of the original garages.
Safer with Bellingers at least whilst the thing is under warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts