Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Hi Derek,

That certainly is a no-brainer then! Only 8 days to go for you... still no date for me (just checked again today). Apparently mine has come from Vauxhall direct - has yours? I know that many dealers have old ones sitting around in showrooms around the country so make sure yours is really new, and not a 2013-spec car that's sat for ages. (I'm sure it'll be fine...)

Cheers
Richard

·
Now enjoying my new Kia SOUL EV
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
Hi Derek,

That certainly is a no-brainer then! Only 8 days to go for you... still no date for me (just checked again today). Apparently mine has come from Vauxhall direct - has yours? I know that many dealers have old ones sitting around in showrooms around the country so make sure yours is really new, and not a 2013-spec car that's sat for ages. (I'm sure it'll be fine...)

Cheers
Richard
I'll check. The did say they had it in stock so not sure how old it will be. Are you aware of any major spec changes I need to watch out for if it is a 2013 model?

Derek

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
The main one seems to be a major upgrade to the touchscreen control system (both nav and non-nav versions) - see another thread around here with a link to the 2014 manual for it. Also there's just been a recall for some software updates (nothing dangerous or physical) so make sure it's had that done too.

Others on here will know much more!

Richard

·
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Electric (38.3 kWh) Premium SE in Iron Grey with Shale Grey Interior option
1,204 Posts
I spoke to the dealer today as I had forgotten to arrange for my plate to be transferred from my current car.

I took the opportunity to check the age of the car and was assured it is a 2014 model year car as they had bought a batch to be able to sell them at the discounted price.

I also confirmed it had the white interior panels, not the red. Apparently the red have not been popular.

Derek

·
Registered
7,249 Posts
We have red panels and love them. I am surprised the red have not been too popular. I think it gives the interior a classy feel :)

·
1,204 Posts
We have red panels and love them. I am surprised the red have not been too popular. I think it gives the interior a classy feel :)
The only other Ampera I have seen in Glasgow lives around the corner from me. I called in to speak to him to get his thoughts on the car as he has owned it for about a year. When he said he thought he last put fuel in about November I was more convinced than ever.

His is white with the red interior. I noticed the panels have a pattern in them which the white do not. He himself said he was not sure at first about the pattern but had got used it to it. I thought they were okay but my preference was for the white to match the body of the car. It was the sales exec at Pentagon that said the red had not proved popular. Who knows if he was telling the truth or simply covering that I had not been given the choice as the car was "in stock".

Derek

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have a red Ampera and was quite surprised when it came with white interior bits! I don't really mind as long as the white plastic does not end up yellowing...time will tell.

·
1,204 Posts
Only 4 more days to go!!! Really really looking forward to collecting my new Ampera. :):):)

·
1,204 Posts
Only 2 more days to go!!! :):)

Found out my registration number and VIN today, completed my OLEV and PICG forms, set the insurance up for Saturday's handover and signed the finance papers. Still can't believe I can buy an Ampera for such a low monthly payment (under £175!!! :cool:).

And to top it off, my home charging station is being fitted on Monday afternoon.

This is ridiculous!! I have not been this excited about a new car (I was going to say for years) EVER!!!

Derek

·
Registered
55 Posts
Only 2 more days to go!!! :):)

Found out my registration number and VIN today, completed my OLEV and PICG forms, set the insurance up for Saturday's handover and signed the finance papers. Still can't believe I can buy an Ampera for such a low monthly payment (under £175!!! :cool:).

And to top it off, my home charging station is being fitted on Monday afternoon.

This is ridiculous!! I have not been this excited about a new car (I was going to say for years) EVER!!!

Derek
Enjoy
Gary

·
1,204 Posts
£175? That's a fab deal, what are the specifics, if you don't mind saying that is!
Hi Darren,

I only varied the advertised deal a little. The advert states discount price of £22,995 (which is for black) with £5400 deposit giving 24 payments of £199 with a final payment of £16,199.

I did not like the structure of that deal as it was a not PCP and you could not return the car at the end (not that I intend to actually, I just felt the final payment was a little high).

They offered to do a PCP deal and I opted for Summit White at an additional £295 (iirc) and the deal worked out as follows:

My trade in was £4,100, I had 1150 in GM Card points left to spend before 31st March (although I have taken out the new Vauxhall Rewards card so will start saving points again) and put in £900. Balance to finance at £175 per month with a GFV of £15,450.

As I have said elsewhere, I am spending £300 a month keeping my 7 1/2 yr old Lexus in diesel. I will save money per month and have a new car.

A real no-brainer I thought. Hope that helps.

Derek

·
1,204 Posts
Forgot to say, the headline price of £22,995 includes a Partner discount. I managed to qualify for that as my sister is a teacher and a member of her Union. They said that was worth a further £1700.

Seems about right as the best alternative advertised price I could find was £24,995 and neither of the 2 dealers in Scotland could get close.

Derek

·
Registered
3,170 Posts

·
1,204 Posts
Hi Richard,

There were a few posts appeared yesterday highlighting the deals available. Obviously Drive Leicester matching the Pentagon deal was you!! Any date for delivery yet?

I get mine tomorrow and am like a kid on Christmas Eve!!!

Derek

Reactions: hopbackguy

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
I wish I did!! Unfortunately it's just "some time between now and 21st April" :( The guys at Drive Leicester are pushing hard to get it delivered this month so they can claim it in their quarterly targets but it doesn't look it's going to happen. I can't wait either!

Looking forward to hearing your first thoughts on it - most jealous :)

Richard

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Also interested in your first thoughts Derek. I love mine (had it 17 months now). Its SOO smooth and relaxing to drive :)

Reactions: Derekosb

·
1,204 Posts
I've had the call from the dealers to say all is well for collection tomorrow!! :D :D :D

Just need to collate all my documents for the Lexus and set off early tomorrow. I'll hopefully post some photos tomorrow, although not sure if can do that on the go or not. Might have to wait until I am back in Glasgow.

I don't even think I will mind the drive home too much, although I can't say the drive down appeals too much.

Derek

·
1,204 Posts
In bed early tonight as hoping to make an early start in the morning. 4 & 1/2 hr drive to Sheffield so want to be fresh.

Need go get to sleep...... excited :D

Reactions: Paul

·
1,204 Posts
Early start. Breakfast and then on the road. Last 220 miles in a diesel :)

Then 220 miles back home in a completely new mode for me..:D :D

Buzzin :p

Derek

41 - 60 of 75 Posts