Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
63E81120-7DF2-4E70-9860-DEED834E2146.jpeg

D82F85CF-94C9-4684-A0C6-2C7B065F659D.jpeg

Visited my parents local Vauxhall dealer today to see the new Corsa. I was offered an immediate test drive, so jumped at the opportunity.

It was the top model so had all the bells and whistles. No 11kW onboard charger option yet, that’ll come later in the year.

I particularly liked:

• B mode for more aggressive regen braking
  • Lower seating position compared to Zoe
  • Sport mode which makes the steering weightier
  • Acceleration
  • Closeness of the centre screen
  • Big car feel
  • Fast CCS charging
Thanks to Baylis of Gloucester and particularly Bradley. He was quite happy to spend time with me even though I explained if I got a Corsa it would be through evezy.

Unlike many sales people, he was very knowledgeable on electric vehicles. He demonstrated all the controls before handing over the reigns. He’s hoping to get an EV as his company car, but they’re a bit popular at the dealership at the moment. Especially with the generous tax break from April.

So if anyone in the south west would like a test drive, I’d highly recommend Bradley.

·
Registered
Corsa-e
127 Posts
We ordered a car with Bradley at Gloucester on the last weekend of February. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable chap. Baylis have been great at keeping us updated throughout the new Corsa release. Hoping to take delivery next week or the week after.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We ordered a car with Bradley at Gloucester on the last weekend of February. Enthusiastic and knowledgeable chap. Baylis have been great at keeping us updated throughout the new Corsa release. Hoping to take delivery next week or the week after.

Great. Keep us updated as to how it goes!

Bradley Fan Club - please join here!

Reactions: azcn2503

·
Registered
Corsa-e
127 Posts
I'm fairly sure I might have seen that car out on its test drive on Monday - I had to pick something up from the dry cleaners on Bristol Road (Quedgeley side) and saw it coming back down toward the big ring road. If I had known, I would have waved :)

I'll be calling them up today to find out if there's any movement on the missing charging cables, as that's the thing causing a delay with ours right now.

·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm fairly sure I might have seen that car out on its test drive on Monday - I had to pick something up from the dry cleaners on Bristol Road (Quedgeley side) and saw it coming back down toward the big ring road. If I had known, I would have waved :)

I'll be calling them up today to find out if there's any movement on the missing charging cables, as that's the thing causing a delay with ours right now.
If it was about 11:30am then it was me :) I’ll forgive you for not waving on this occasion, but if it happens again...;)

Next time you speak to our Brad, tell him about this thread as I mentioned to him that I was going to post my impressions of the car on a couple of forums.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,
I've started one in the showroom and holding down the brake there was an awful sound, like that of an electric compressor.
Anyone knows what that is and if that's normal?

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
Hi,
I've started one in the showroom and holding down the brake there was an awful sound, like that of an electric compressor.
Anyone knows what that is and if that's normal?
Like a "Thraping" sound maybe ?.
If so, probably just charging the braking canister.
EV's don't have a brake servo like a ICE car.
No vacuum created by the lack of a fossil engine of course.

·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
18 Posts
it was a tiled showroom alright...

anyway... to be on topic i didn't like the interior, pretty low quality.
I already own the previous model and there's not much difference in materials quality. Also the backseat is pretty far behind the C pillar so i reckon the visibility is not great from there. Visibility issues might be on the 208 too, they have tiny doors for the back.

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
anyway... to be on topic i didn't like the interior, pretty low quality.
I already own the previous model and there's not much difference in materials quality.
It's one of the things that some EV's can suffer from I am afraid !.
The interior fit and finish on some models can be disappointing when you compare it to the price of the car !.
The cost of the battery is a big factor in regards to the price of the car, so some things can suffer as a consequence.
I really don't agree with the theory, but it's a fact I am very sad to say.
A lot of hard plastics used instead of some of the soft touch stuff we have come to find in pretty basic ICE cars now.
Not wanting to pointing the finger at any BEV in general, because on this subject a lot of them are the same.
But just as example, lets consider the price of an early Tesla model S.
An expensive and brilliant EV - with out any shadow of a doubt.
But, would you consider that car, with the issues it has regarding quality of the trim and fit and finish of the car, if it was NOT an EV ?.
There is your answer.
At the given high price of EV's, we expect more I guess.

·
Registered
Corsa-e
127 Posts
I posted in another thread when really I should have posted here. We got a look at the car today.

·
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I posted in another thread when really I should have posted here. We got a look at the car today.

I love the colour (y)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts