Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From AutoExpress mag:

Arrive in Showrooms April 2020
50kWh battery 136bhp motor WLTP=205miles 0-100kph 8.1seconds (Same as Pug 208e ?)

3 drive Modes Normal Sport Eco, 2 levels of reg setting ( hopefully naff all is not one of them )

Charge socket is above rear offside wheel.
Be interesting to see if it dents the Honda-e sales or if they will have different market positions ( Honda has less doors + range but will cost more ? )

·
Registered
57 Posts
Apparently there are a couple of articles on the internet saying that the Corsa-e will be £29990 pre grant.

Vauxhall are also adding some bonuses for the first 500 customers who choose to snap up this bargain with a chargepoint and a low £500 deposit.

If the people with a lot more money than sense could please form a queue. I can see a lot of Tesla orders being cancelled to be replaced by this Vauxhall.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
449 Posts
PCP figures are here: New Corsa-e | Flexible PCP | Vauxhall

If you’ve no intention of keeping it, it’ll cost you £11,700 over 2 years (£14k+ if you include the dealer deposit contribution). I doubt there’d be much of the £5k customer deposit left come px / resale time.

You can lease a Tesla Model 3 SR+ for just over £12k for two years and you’ll have that before Christmas....with room for 5 adults and a proper over 200 mile range...The Corsa might make 190 miles if you’re lucky.

·
Registered
691 Posts
PCP figures are here: New Corsa-e | Flexible PCP | Vauxhall

If you’ve no intention of keeping it, it’ll cost you £11,700 over 2 years (£14k+ if you include the dealer deposit contribution). I doubt there’d be much of the £5k customer deposit left come px / resale time.

You can lease a Tesla Model 3 SR+ for just over £12k for two years and you’ll have that before Christmas....with room for 5 adults and a proper over 200 mile range...The Corsa might make 190 miles if you’re lucky.
Wonder what mileage that example PCP allows. It makes no mention of a limit.

EDIT: Found it (10k) - was hidden by the "Show full example" link. This suddenly interests me...

·
Registered
999 Posts
You can lease a Tesla Model 3 SR+ for just over £12k for two years and you’ll have that before Christmas....with room for 5 adults and a proper over 200 mile range...
Yeahh, where did you get that figure from? It is over £13k (if you believe the savings bullshit they put on). If you correct the bullshit figures that tesla has put on, the best you can hope for, over 24 months is way above £20k.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,168 Posts
Still over £14k
Evezy. £14,376 for 24 months. (£599 per month) for the Model 3 SR+. 12k miles per year. Fully inclusive. Insurance, maintenance and servicing and polar subscription. You can give the car back at the end of each month if you give seven days notice, no penalties. Don’t think you’d better that elsewhere, especially if you live in a high risk area for insurance like I do. I’ve got a Zoe from them so can vouch for the genuineness of their deals.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,168 Posts
5FD0C30C-4CDE-4751-939B-273F1ED04733.png

Don’t understand this. 62 miles range after only one hour and a half charging at what, maximum 3kW. That would give it a consumption of 13.8mpkWh! Is it my maths at fault or theirs?

·
Registered
718 Posts
View attachment 119050

Don’t understand this. 62 miles range after only one hour and a half charging at what, maximum 3kW. That would give it a consumption of 13.8mpkWh! Is it my maths at fault or theirs?
I suspect marketing have misunderstood engineering...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Apparently, Vauxhall are giving free wallbox chargers to ALL reservations made in 2019 that go on to become actual orders!

A £500 reservation fee is all that’s needed to secure an order on an all-new Corsa-e and, to celebrate its arrival customers who reserve before 31 December 2019 will receive a free home charging kit when they take delivery of the car. Take it from us though, the Corsa-e will be one of the biggest cars to arrive in showrooms in 2020, so you’ll need to be quick.
Source:-

(Note also that the blue car in the article is LHD but has Vauxhall badges not Opel!)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts