Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Anyone else out there that has a Corsa-e pre-order in place?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
the tesla m3 is the wrong side of the luxury tax band tho trying to find something small that our business can run as cheap as possible

two year golf lease looks a possible stop gap

·
Registered
875 Posts
Liking it if price was lower.
It's cheaper than the equivalent Zoe, even after Renault's £750 optional 50kW CCS charging is added.

--

Some charging info revealed:-

TL;DR - 100kW CCS & onboard 11kW AC (for 3-phase) or 7.4kW AC (single-phase) charger & 6m granny cable as standard.
Apparently 3-phase house wiring is fairly common in Germany, so we'll be getting the 7.4kW charger as standard & the 11kW as a £300 option, as per the e-208.

·
Registered
240 Posts
It's cheaper than the equivalent Zoe, even after Renault's £750 optional 50kW CCS charging is added.
I reserved the Nav.
A bonus is that reservations made before 11sept quality for a 'free' home charge point installation. Also to make the point that the corsa-e and e208 have a liquid cooled batteries. I believe the Zoe/leaf are air cooled. (please correct me if I'm wrong!). I'm not keen to invest serious money over 4 years in a vehicle that has the rapidgate issues.
Another thing that swung it for the corsa-e was their technicians already have knowledge of EV's thanks to the Ampera.

Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 01.50.00.png Screenshot 2019-08-26 at 01.47.56.png

I was told that orders can be made from this week.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I got a call to be informed that my dealer now has the pricing information and I can place an order for 48months PCP at 4.9%APR on the NAV (top spec model in metallic)....:
£0 deposit, £1800 Deposit Allowance, £558 over 48months. Balloon £10141. Based on 10k miles/annum.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a call today from the dealership. I've already had two calls from Vauxhall themselves. I mentioned to them all that until I have the current issues sorted on my car I will not be using the chosen dealership. I have already checked with Vauxhall and can change the nominated one by email.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I got a call to be informed that my dealer now has the pricing information and I can place an order for 48months PCP at 4.9%APR on the NAV (top spec model in metallic)....:
£0 deposit, £1800 Deposit Allowance, £558 over 48months. Balloon £10141. Based on 10k miles/annum.
So you could pay almost 37k for it!!

Very generous of them.

·
evezy referral code d6540
1,601 Posts
For an extra £41 per month you could get a Tesla M3 SR+ from evezy. Includes all servicing and maintenance, insurance, Polar Plus membership and free Supercharging. One month minimum commitment rather than 48.
Or save money and get an i3 for £399 or a Zoe for £289 a month. At these prices, can’t understand why anyone would want to own an EV.

·
1,601 Posts
I think the operative word is own...

Different strokes and all that.

Mind you at least with EVEZY you get the added enjoyment of the toing and froing over the insurance excess cover.
That will soon be sorted, one way or another. Obviously as early adopters, we’re part of the initial evolution of this new model. New start ups have to go through this phase.

As you say, different strokes. Some like the excitement and uncertainty of being a leader, while others prefer the security of being a follower.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I was a long time Vauxhall owner. Half my family worked there, but I haven't had one for about ten years now.
I could be tempted back but will have to see what the staff discounts are on the Corsa E (if any).

·
1,601 Posts
I was a long time Vauxhall owner. Half my family worked there, but I haven't had one for about ten years now.
I could be tempted back but will have to see what the staff discounts are on the Corsa E (if any).
Don’t forget to post that Vauxhall Family and Friends Discount Code ;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just had my reservation fee refunded and advised I can now place an order with a deposit of £860.Anyone done this? Is this deposit refundable?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I don't care what the specs are or what savings are had with an EV, £558 a month is twice what I would be willing to pay for any supermini whatsoever, especially one made by Vauxhall.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I don't care what the specs are or what savings are had with an EV, £558 a month is twice what I would be willing to pay for any supermini whatsoever, especially one made by Vauxhall.
Since that post, there have been discounts offered. I have had offers of the basic trim with no options at £22,911 on CarWow. Given the performance, basic trim level, battery capacity and charging rate, I personally think that represents one of the best in terms of value for money for new cars in the EV sector.

It would be easy to achieve monthly figures of ~£350 over 48months with £0 deposit and a GFV of ~£9,700 with 8k miles PA (as indicated on Vauxhall website) with these levels of discounts.

(As an aside, quoting a monthly figure without any context is largely uninterpretable. Finance can be tailored in any way you want and a high monthly figure is not indicative of a high cost. Case in point, if that £558 was over 12months with no balloon payment, it would indicate extraordinary value...!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts