Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

The previous owner of my Ampera kept the 8 year drive train warranty up to date for the 5 years of his ownership.

I just went to book it in for the 6th service and rang the Vauxhall Lifetime Warranty helpline to update the owner details. I have been told it doesn’t matter about the owner or servicing as the warranty is NOT transferable.

I.e. They are saying that any Ampera bought 2nd hand does not have the 8 year drivetrain warranty, irrespective of whether or not it has been kept going by the first owner.

Any others experience/feedback greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK. Knee jerk post earlier. Now using the search function:).
So there are 2 warranties, the lifetime - not transferable, and the battery warranty. Now looking for info. on that....

·
EVEZY code -£50 off: d409e
1,573 Posts
OK. Knee jerk post earlier. Now using the search function:).
So there are 2 warranties, the lifetime - not transferable, and the battery warranty. Now looking for info. on that....

All Vauxhall Ampera models have the benefit of a manufacturer 8 year/100,000 mile warranty on the below components, These components are therefore excluded from the Network Q warranty: - High Voltage Wiring - Voltec Control Modules - E-Compressor - Traction Power Inverter Module (TPIM) - Accessory Power Module (APM) - Volter On-Board Charger - Brake Modulator Assembly - Electric drive unit assembly and internal components, including the auxiliary fluid pump, auxiliary pump controller and 3-phase cables.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,236 Posts
Aye, the 'Lifetime Warranty' was purely for the first owner of the vehicle and even then only up to 100,000 miles. I had the 'benefit' of this but the car passed the 100k mark at 5 years old so that was it gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

All Vauxhall Ampera models have the benefit of a manufacturer 8 year/100,000 mile warranty on the below components, These components are therefore excluded from the Network Q warranty: - High Voltage Wiring - Voltec Control Modules - E-Compressor - Traction Power Inverter Module (TPIM) - Accessory Power Module (APM) - Volter On-Board Charger - Brake Modulator Assembly - Electric drive unit assembly and internal components, including the auxiliary fluid pump, auxiliary pump controller and 3-phase cables.
Thanks for the link. I see the bit about the Ampera.
Just rang Vauxhall customer care who said (with respect to battery ‘voltec’ warranty) ‘there’s nothing in writing, you just have to ensure that you verbally ask the dealer doing the servicing to do the battery checks to make sure the warranty is kept up to date’.
So you have to take it in for an annual service and if you dont specifically request ‘battery checks’ they dont do them and the warranty is invalid?
For the record I am attempting to ensure that I do everything by the book to keep it in place.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The rule is have it serviced and the book stamped by an Ampera service agent - there are not many, around 23 I think. Any old Vx dealer will not do!

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
That's not quite correct. The dealer needs to call through to the warranty department to renew the drivetrain warranty each year. Bellinger's are well used to doing this.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Was at R&D Wimbledon today for mine to have its 8th service. I asked them to check that the HV warranty was still valid as two years ago the car missed its 6th service due to the then owner suffering a serious health issue. It was serviced last year including the HV coolant change by Bellingers.

On collection they confirmed the HV warranty was validated. Also reported everything was running ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts