Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
320 Posts
All hail modern safety systems. Its remarkable how far they have come with safety.
Agree with this, the reason we have a Corsa-e now is because i was travelling in our 64 plate Astra about 18 months ago on a straight national speed limit A road when someone pulled out from a junction on the right straight across me. I was already slowing as its a known iffy junction and i could see traffic on both sides but had to brake heavily so was doing about 35/40mph and had swerved a bit but still smashed into there nearside front wing before leaving the road, over a stone wall into a field that was slightly lower than the road (thankfully no one in the way on the other side of the junction and came to a rest 60yds into the field with the car completely crumpled on the front end. I got out and walked away with nothing but a slight scratch behind one of my ears. I was protected brilliantly by the seat belt, crumple zones and array of airbags that had gone off.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
1,110 Posts
Agree with this, the reason we have a Corsa-e now is because i was travelling in our 64 plate Astra about 18 months ago on a straight national speed limit A road when someone pulled out from a junction on the right straight across me. I was already slowing as its a known iffy junction and i could see traffic on both sides but had to brake heavily so was doing about 35/40mph and had swerved a bit but still smashed into there nearside front wing before leaving the road, over a stone wall into a field that was slightly lower than the road (thankfully no one in the way on the other side of the junction and came to a rest 60yds into the field with the car completely crumpled on the front end. I got out and walked away with nothing but a slight scratch behind one of my ears. I was protected brilliantly by the seat belt, crumple zones and array of airbags that had gone off.
Wow! Not an experience you'd want to repeat. Glad you were ok.

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e Elite Nav Premium Quartz Grey
320 Posts
Wow! Not an experience you'd want to repeat. Glad you were ok.
Cheers...as mentioned the way the cars performed was top notch. I walked away and the other drive who pulled out was driving a slightly older Focus C-Max with two passengers and they all walked away from it as well which when you consider the state of the cars afterwards shows how good the crash protection is. That said a lot of the way the car crumples etc is intentional to take the energy etc. Car is replaceable and all that.

·
Registered
Kia soul maxx Jan 22
257 Posts
Cheers...as mentioned the way the cars performed was top notch. I walked away and the other drive who pulled out was driving a slightly older Focus C-Max with two passengers and they all walked away from it as well which when you consider the state of the cars afterwards shows how good the crash protection is. That said a lot of the way the car crumples etc is intentional to take the energy etc. Car is replaceable and all that.

😱

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Has it got a false boot floor ?? 😅
I already asked.
I thought if it was 30 quid I'd have it.
Then I was hoping to give it as a prize to the best home made one based on proper pictures and votes from some trusted members here.

The runners up prize would be half a bottle of Jack Daniels.

The third prize was someone could meet me somewhere and see what a state my car is in so they would feel much better about theirs.

Hopefully I'll hear from them.
It really pisses me off how many times you send a question to these type of people who never get back to you.

Gaz

Reactions: asl3312
21 - 27 of 27 Posts