·
evezy referral code d6540
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Reactions: ChrisCross123

·
Premium Member
11,486 Posts
The WLTP 201 mile range isn't great. Here are words - I am not keen on videos.
IMO the Mokka is likely to be the main family car, it isn't something many people would choose/afford as a 2nd car for local journeys. In winter you would need to charge after around 2 hours motorway driving, so best for people who rarely do long journeys. For just me and OH, if budget was circa £30K I would choose an EV with more range even if it had less space - although Leaf boot is actually far bigger (which shows compromises of shared ICE platform)

·
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it isn't something many people would choose/afford as a 2nd car for local journey.
I’m not so sure. Go to any school at kicking out time and see how many crossovers and SUVs there are waiting to pick up the little darlings. Gone are the days when a family of 5 would be happy to all fit into a FIAT 500. Chelsea wagons are now very much “de rigeur”.

·
Premium Member
11,486 Posts
I’m not so sure. Go to any school at kicking out time and see how many crossovers and SUVs there are waiting to pick up the little darlings. Gone are the days when a family of 5 would be happy to all fit into a FIAT 500. Chelsea wagons are no now very much de rigeur.
Yes, but those crossovers and SUVs ARE the cars used for longer journeys. For example my sister takes the nephew (only one left at home now!) to school in a huge MB 4x4 and hubby drives to work in his SL500. Another friend drives a Cayman and wife has an Evoke.

It is a bit of a stereotype but for many families I know the hubby has a sporty, impractical car and wifey drives a practical one. In a few cases it is other way round, a friend has Alfa Spider and hubby an Outlander.

·
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the Mokka is the same size and has the same range as the e-2008 and DS3 E-Tense. So let’s hope there’s a group of people for whom this offering will work. I believe there’s a Citroen version on the way as well.

Don’t forget that they can charge at up to 100kW, which should help to extend that somewhat limiting range. I’ll report back next month after I’ve swapped from a Zoe ZE50 to an e-208 ;)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Well the Tesla Model 3 let me down with a three year wait and only available in too expense version when it arrived. The Model Y is very high on my list but likely to go the same way as the 3 and I'm getting too old to keep waiting.
I've now registered for the Mokka, having been waiting for Vauxhall to come up with a replacement??? for the Ampera.
Test drove the Corsa E and happy with performance but just wanted something chunkier so roll on Mokka test drive.
But I don't care if it all falls through as my Ampera is as good as the day it was born, pre May 2012, and although Battery warranty has run out I still have Vauxhall's Life Time Warranty for other bits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts