Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi having recently purchased the mokka e loving the car except for a niggling problem,when i set up for a deffered charge using the cars software it only allows you to put in a start time,being on octopus energy cheap tarriff from 00.30 to 04.30,the car charges as it should but when it comes to realease cable the cable will not release as it should,i unlock car but cable wont come out have to turn off at the podpoint breaker in the house,when i use the podpoint software to set up a deffered charge it works as it should put in start and finish times and cables come out as should when i unlock the car,anyone one else had this problem?

·
Registered
Kia E Niro 4
1,100 Posts
Presumably as you haven't set a finish time in the car software the Podpoint is still supplying power hence unable to remove the cable. Was it continuing to charge beyond 4:30 and is there an option to limit the charge in the car ie 70% or 80% Perhaps estimating what level the battery would be at around 4:30 and set the car to that so the Podpoint gets a signal to stop supplying power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi having recently purchased the mokka e loving the car except for a niggling problem,when i set up for a deffered charge using the cars software it only allows you to put in a start time,being on octopus energy cheap tarriff from 00.30 to 04.30,the car charges as it should but when it comes to realease cable the cable will not release as it should,i unlock car but cable wont come out have to turn off at the podpoint breaker in the house,when i use the podpoint software to set up a deffered charge it works as it should put in start and finish times and cables come out as should when i unlock the car,anyone one else had this problem?
Hi. I don’t have an answer for your unfortunately as I have yet to need a timed charging period. The internal system looks inferior to the one on the podpoint charger to be honest. I was going to move to Octopus this month too but of course, they are not taking on new customers since the energy price crisis. I would like to be able to set an 80% charge to avoid fully charging the battery every night. Looking again at the car manual, there is very little guidance there too.

·
Registered
Hyundai Kona Electric Premium 2022
96 Posts
I've been considering putting in an offer on the Mokka e and being an Octopus Go customer the higher rate kicks in at 04.30 and there seems to be no means of limiting it to charge to a certain percent of the battery or set a end time for the charge. I do not have the official answer to whether charging regularly to 100% every night is advisable when it comes to the effects on battery longevity. This seems to be a controversial topic with different opinions. I'm surprised why Vauxhall never thought of the possibility of providing an option of end time for charging when it exists in my much older 2018 Leaf.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
9,532 Posts
You can't set a stop time or stop percentage in the car. None of the Stellantis cars can do it.

If you have a smart podpoint you might be able to.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.