Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,896 Posts
Except 10,000 miles is only 45 miles per day (5 day week, 45 weeks per year or even less for more days worked) in which case you get nowhere near the range of the smaller battery.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Except 10,000 miles is only 45 miles per day (5 day week, 45 weeks per year or even less for more days worked) in which case you get nowhere near the range of the smaller battery.
Obviously it depends on everyones driving patterns (whether they're doing regular small journeys or whether they're doing fewer longer journeys) but yes, as a rough guide if you're doing 10k miles pa then you probably don't need the bigger battery.

The £76 difference between the two is slightly misleading though. The bigger battery example is also a higher spec too - the 75kwh battery in the dynamic spec will be £20-30 cheaper, bringing the difference down to £50 per month.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm actively looking at picking up one of these, the Peugeot or Citroen (or the Maxus e-deliver3) and have started calling around dealers to get some prices.

I've just received the following quote from one Peugeot dealer on the e-Expert 75 kWh Long Professional:
6-35 contract hire @ 20k pa - £428.86 + vat (or £406.79 over 4 years). They also gave me a price of £27,425 + vat to purchase outright on HP with a 7.9% APR. That's approx £6k discount on top of the government grant.

I did receive a call from a Citroen dealer who is going to email me over a quote on the e-Dispatch 75 kWh XL too but I'm a little sceptical at the moment as his first question was whether I wanted manual or auto :/ The contract hire price he told me over the phone was £368 + vat on a 6-35 basis @ 10k miles pa. He said his system was playing up and couldn't change it to 20k.

I'll report back with any more news but the prices seem fairly promising.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just a little update to my post above. After a bit of negotiating with both Peugeot and Citroen dealers I was able to get contract hire offers of £410 + vat and £401 + vat respectively - these were based on 6+35 terms @ 20k miles for the LWB 75kWh versions (Long Professional & XL Enterprise).

I have ended up purchasing the Citroen outright. The final purchase price for a standard specced van was a fraction over £34k including vat/£27k plus vat*. That was about £500 less than I was quoted for the Peugeot but I suspect I could have got that price down had I pushed. I went for the Citroen simply because the ETA is a little sooner - March/April instead of May/June.

*For anybody that's not aware, the way the grant and vat is applied isn't straight forward and a lot of dealers don't understand it either - I had to explain it to at least 3 of them. £34k including vat should mean £28,333 + £5,666 vat but in this case it's actually £27k + £7k vat as the vat is calculated on the price before the government grant is deducted which is £35k in this instance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts