Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Vauxhall/Opel Corsa-e driver safety function

9K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  matt_c_ 
#1 ·
A quick question to all Corsa-e owners.

I reside in the UK. A fortnight ago, I collected my Elite Nav 7.4kw, and in comparison with the advertised car by Vauxhall, I noticed there were a few obvious differences in mine where some of the driver safety functions such as lane keeping and advanced parking assists are unavailable. I marked the function unavailability on the attached pictures to further explain my circumstances. My best thought was this could be a variation depending on the country where the car is purchased. Does anyone have a similar experience? :rolleyes:

See less See more
#3 ·
None of them have Parking assist ie self park.

Lane keeping assist button is behind the gear stick. It's awful anyway, turn it off.

I think parking sensors if they're off are turned on in the Driving functions menu on the infortaintment. I don't remember having to turn mine on. The P button is in the same bank as the lane keeping button down by the gear stick from what I remember.

ACC isn't on any of them either as they don't have the automated steering function. That button in the press cars was behind the gear stick as well.

The MY21 cars are different again as they've added rear cross traffic to the blind spot warning so it actually should work as a blind spot warning rather than a general there's a car nearby warning :rolleyes:

#4 ·
Certainly in the UK, those functions are not available on the 'e' version of the Corsa. I suspect that the lane keeping, assisted parking and adaptive cruise control functions shown in the advertising blurb were on a automatic version of an ICE Corse.... or it was all just a ploy to get you to part with your money. Next step advertising watchdog, maybe?

#5 · (Edited)
Thats a shame the UK models don't have lane keep assist or ACC.
Here in Israel we usually get under-specced trims compared to the UK or rest of Europe.
I just had a test drive in the Corsa-e (Called Opel Corsa-e here), and currently its only available in a (pricey) high spec/trim.
It had ACC, lane departure, and lane keep assist, front and rear parking sensors and reversing camera (I thinks its the "virtual" 360 degrees view kind, didn't really play with it).
I don't think it had parking assist (which I have on my leased Citroën C4 Spacetourer, nice but limited to specific parking scenarios).
I tested the lane keep assist and ACC shortly, and it actually performed quite well. It had an "autopilot" feel to it!
There were a few "glitches" with it, that made me react and fix the steering, but in general it performed well.

One thing for sure that is scary, is that when the ACC slows down under 60 km/h (for example when a car in front slows down), the lane keep assist disengages, without any audible or visual warning. If your not fully concentrated during that disengagement, you could easily find yourself in trouble :confused:

The front parking sensors work only under about 10 km/h, beeping and showing a visual display.

In general I really liked the car. It was my first EV drive, and was really enlightening.

#6 ·
Thats a shame the UK models don't have lane keep assist or ACC.
Here in Israel we usually get under-specced trims compared to the UK or rest of Europe.
I just had a test drive in the Corsa-e (Called Opel Corsa-e here), and currently its only available in a (pricey) high spec/trim.
It had ACC, lane departure, and lane keep assist, front and rear parking sensors and reversing camera (I thinks its the "virtual" 360 degrees view kind, didn't really play with it).
I don't think it had parking assist (which I have on my leased Citroën C4 Spacetourer).
I tested the lane keep assist and ACC shortly, and it actually performed quite well. I had an "autopilot" feel to it!
There were a few "glitches" with it, that made me react and fix the steering, but in general it performed well.

One thing for sure that is scary, is that when the ACC slows down under 60 km/h (for example when a car in front slows down), the lane keep assist disengages, without any audible or visual warning. If your not fully concentrated during that disengagement, you could easily find yourself in trouble :confused:

The front parking sensors work only under about 10 km/h, beeping and showing a visual display.

In general I really liked the car. It was my first EV drive, and was really enlightening.
Here in the UK ACC is not available on the Corsa-e. It has "Intelligent Speed Adaptation" which means that you can double click the MEM button and it will set the cruise speed to the limit showing in the road sign indicator. Many people fell into the trap of thinking it was ACC but here in the UK that is only available on the ICE version.

It may be available on Opel versions as some of the advertising photos show the ACC and Park Assist buttons in the vehicle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.