Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I registered some time ago on the e pioneer scheme.
So far very little info has been given out, but the cost of buying the Ampera seems to be rising, the included equipment seems to be falling, and the range is now being quoted at about 35 to 40 miles in anything but very gentle driving.
I have compared the 8 year cost for my usage with other similar sized medium power petrol cars, and as they are mostly discounted, I am coming to the conclusion that the only way it would pay its way is for it to be sold under the Vauxhall Partners Scheme. This would give it (like the Astra) 8% discount, with 5 years interest free payments (complete with £1000 deposit allowance), then it may be viable.
I am genuinely interested, and will not make up my mind until I have seen it (I missed the short notice drive), but am finding it harder and harder to make it a sensible choice.

When they said I was a pioneer, I didn't expect to be a test driver. If they want that then they need to discount the first batch.

Hoping things get better

Iand

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
When we bought our Nissan Leaf we felt very much the same but instead of giving the pioneers a discount it seems that they are charging us more!

We have version 1 of the car and already Nissan have announced that next year's model will be significantly higher specced and there is a possible price reduction in 2013 as it will then start to be made in the UK.

It seems that the early adopters are very much taken for granted and the manufacturers rely on our enthusiasm and our willingness to spend this kind of money of a risk.

It is a pity. In my opinion we should get disccounts and be treated as special customers... not likely!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts