Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Vauxhall has received an order from British Gas for 1000 Vivaro Es

I have been lurking on the forum for a few months but finally registered. Never had an EV before but very excited as one of the Vivaros is going to be mine 馃槑

I think it makes a lot of sense going forward And the range of the 75kw van is a game changer. Whats your thoughts.

Registered
Vauxhall has received an order from British Gas for 1000 Vivaro Es

I have been lurking on the forum for a few months but finally registered. Never had an EV before but very excited as one of the Vivaros is going to be mine 馃槑

I think it makes a lot of sense going forward And the range of the 75kw van is a game changer. Whats your thoughts.
Lucky you! They sound great and are made in the UK. (y) I'd be interested to know how the charging will be done for the BG owned models - will you have to leave them in a compound somewhere, charge them at home then claim back the cost of the 'leccy or use a Rapid as and when needed?

Registered
I wonder how much is made in the UK. It's a Citroen Peugeot in all but the badge.

Registered
Even if it is just assembly of a knockdown kit then it still is better than the alternatives. The Corsa e for example will be assembled in Spain despite having significant panel differences etc.

Registered
We are getting home chargers fitted and then will receive whatever energy they consume back in our wages. 馃憤馃徎
So fantastic convenience - no need to visit the fuel pumps anymore.

Registered
Without doubt, I would and did support British industry wherever possible but for Vauxhall particularly there is a need to point out the minimal UK input. The ads are particularly irritating* where you are told it is a British brand since god knows when.
* not nearly as irritating as the "self charging hybrid ads.

Registered
Discussion Starter #13
So fantastic convenience - no need to visit the fuel pumps anymore.
No more smelly diesel sticking to your hands all day long. Another plus point is the charger can also be used for our own personal vehicles as it distinguishes when the van is connected. Another big convenience will be making sure the cabin is nice and toasty especially on those winter mornings! My diesel colleagues won鈥檛 be laughing then!

Hopefully they will be better used than the dozens of British Gas ENV200 that sat at an airfield for years unused. Finger crossed.
The Vivaro has a far better range so will be more suitable to more people I would have thought.

Registered
We are getting home chargers fitted and then will receive whatever energy they consume back in our wages. 馃憤馃徎
I assume they are adding a kwh meter along with the charger like you have with solar? So they know what kwh the meter has consumed? But they wont know your tarriff rate. I would switch to something moderately expensive not EV friendly a month before the Van arrives, say 20p kwh all day, and submit that as evidence for compensation to accounts. Once you have the BEV Van, change to Octopus Go , 4hrs a night @ 5p/KWH , the rest 12p-14p/KWH depending where you live.

That way you profit, work pays you 20p, you only buy at 5p and 13p. Have they said what 拢/KWH level they will repay you at yet?

Registered
The Vivaro has a far better range so will be more suitable to more people I would have thought.
And if not, no worries. Insist on a company credit card or polar plus rfid card for rapid chargers, drive life you stole it, then say, sorry boss, "HAD" to take 3 x 1Hr Rapid charge breaks every day to get round the work. Easy Life.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
Does it have a connected app like the Nissan ENV-200?
I believe so as have been told we will be able to heat the van up for us to start our shifts.

I assume they are adding a kwh meter along with the charger like you have with solar? So they know what kwh the meter has consumed? But they wont know your tarriff rate. I would switch to something moderately expensive not EV friendly a month before the Van arrives, say 20p kwh all day, and submit that as evidence for compensation to accounts. Once you have the BEV Van, change to Octopus Go , 4hrs a night @ 5p/KWH , the rest 12p-14p/KWH depending where you live.

That way you profit, work pays you 20p, you only buy at 5p and 13p. Have they said what 拢/KWH level they will repay you at yet?
I am getting an 鈥淎lfen鈥 charger fitted which is smart so they can remotely monitor usage. I like your idea but we鈥檝e had to submit our tarriff details to fleet already. (With evidence lol!)

And if not, no worries. Insist on a company credit card or polar plus rfid card for rapid chargers, drive life you stole it, then say, sorry boss, "HAD" to take 3 x 1Hr Rapid charge breaks every day to get round the work. Easy Life.
If we want they will arrange a card to access our most common chargers. For me that鈥檚 charge place Scotland.

How are they going to cater for those who live in flats etc.?
Only those with drives are getting the vans just now but I believe long term public charging will have to be used.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts