Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 48 Posts

· Banned
543 Posts
Redundancy should be part of the specification and an obligation for OLEV funding. However, it would be desirable if the 'fallback' could be form another sub-station where possible.

· Banned
543 Posts
I call the 'Cuckoos' - stealing the nest needed by others!
Maybe EVDA could develop a 'Charging Etiquette' - the we could have cards printed! Then we could mark the card with the infringement and put it on the windscreen. I try to remember to put a business card on the top of my dash - but I can't say I remember every time! If there are habitual offenders (time/place), maybe we could 'blackball' them, online?

· Banned
543 Posts
.. if there were chargers on every corner or parking bay the problem would be negated...
There is a fallacy in putting chargers on the back wall - where possible they should be on a side wall, where you could still access the chargers - if you can get his cable out? Power the unit down, is the trick!
In open air car parks the units should be on the spines, so 4 cars can be in position, ready to connect next. Indeed the current (sic) user could plug you in and connect using his card!

1 - 4 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.