Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had set up 'vehicle drive mode' for ECO driving with a speed limit of 60mph. This has worked well for over a month

Today it has jumped to 90kph.

The display is still in MPH, but the vehicle drive mode screen refuses to change from KPH whatever the car is set to.

Is this as a result of an over the air update? (does the Niro even have over the air updates?)

Has anybody any idea what has happened overnight?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Do the car has UVO connect? Where are you from? Only corea eeuu and Holland have UVO. Without uvo OTA is not possible.

Enviado desde mi MIX mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is the UK First Edition which I understood does not have over the air updates.

So what caused the irreversible change overnight from MPH to KPH in the vehicle drive mode screen?

·
Registered
549 Posts
This is the UK First Edition which I understood does not have over the air updates.

So what caused the irreversible change overnight from MPH to KPH in the vehicle drive mode screen?
If you set a new speed limit, does the new limit correctly register but maintain the MPH and KPH indications?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had set up 'vehicle drive mode' for ECO driving with a speed limit of 60mph. This has worked well for over a month

The display is still in MPH, but the vehicle drive mode screen refuses to change from KPH whatever the car is set to.

Is this as a result of an over the air update? (does the Niro even have over the air updates?)

@Ian

On the Kona setting the Navigation units in the head unit affects all apps that display in the head unit including charge, navigation etc. It's rather counter intuitive. The Niro most likely has this "feature" as well. On the Kona to change units, SETUP button, then tap NAVIGATION on the screen, then tap Units and change back to miles - job done.

Hope this helps

John

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you set a new speed limit, does the new limit correctly register but maintain the MPH and KPH indications?
The setting is always in KPH and can't be changed. The setting in itself is correct. I have it set to 90KPH and the car limits at about 55MPH as indicated on the speedo.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SETUP button, then tap NAVIGATION on the screen, then tap Units and change back to miles - job done.
Unfortunately not so.

SETUP>NAVIGATION>GENERAL>UNITS> MPH Results in MPH on the speedo display screen and KPH on the 'vehicle drive mode' screen.

and

SETUP>NAVIGATION>GENERAL>UNITS> KPH Results in KPH on the speedo display screen and KPH on the 'vehicle drive mode' screen.

The 'vehicle drive mode' screen is unaffected by anything I can find under the settings menu. As I said it is always in KPH whatever I do.

I have also lost all the added items to the 'My Menu' screen a couple of times but it has been stable this past week with no changes.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Exactly my issue. Suddenly for no discernible reason, my limiter has altered itself to the nearest kmph figure to the mph I had originally set and the vehicle settings screen now only offers kmh settings.

As you say, I wasn’t aware of OTA updates so what the hell changed it?

Plus I’m not convinced I haven’t got the Regen issue mentioned elsewhere on here. When I was driving yesterday it felt like regen had become much stronger.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If you have the same problem that I had, if you pull the right hand regen paddle the regen level will not change. Also the car will actually come to a stop without holding in the LH paddle and will not creep.
My dealer replaced the RH paddle and switch (it comes as one unit) and the problem was fixed, all working fine now :)

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
It’s not that problem. The paddles do what they should but I’m convinced the car is driving differently yesterday from what it was and coincidentally, this kmph/mph issued happened at the same time. I do wonder if it can receive software fixes and they’re not telling.

interesting that I had my car for a few days and it worked perfectly. When I set up WiFi on my home router, I was sat on my drive. The next time I started the car, the whole HU seemed to reboot itself as though it was installing new firmware or something :unsure: It’s not done that since that I’ve noticed. I’ll have to screen shot my software versions to compare with others.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
Dont know about the Niro, but my Soul changed to showing something on the EV screen in Km the other day and i hadn't changed anything.
As it was going back off lease in a few days i didnt investigate. I wonder if it is similar to the GPS glitch that effected a lot of Kia's a few months back?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I set an Eco speed limit five months ago. As reported here I had to set it as 120 kmh, which then appears on the speed limit display as 74 mph. I thought that was pretty weird (well, a bug, actually) but your OTA ‘update’ is weirder still.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Same as I did @NickR - except I had to set mine as 110km so that I got as close as possible to 70mph (actual reading is 68mph). Still showing that now.

·
Registered
704 Posts

I set mine to 80mph :)censored:) when I first got the car (in Sept) and have not touched it or pretty much any other settings since. I checked it this morning and it is still on 80mph. Although my car can see my home network when parked as far as I can remember I have not set it to connect but have given it access to the internet through my phone's hotspot.

HTH.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Has it ever updated traffic reports, weather or the like?

·
Registered
704 Posts
Has it ever updated traffic reports, weather or the like?
Yes (when I can get connected [which is a problem with the phone rather than the car]). I tend to use the traffic updates to show any delays in the town - very useful because then I can avoid them by going on back routes.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah. That excludes that possibility. I suspected that the 'vehicle drive mode' might be somehow connected to the sat nav as they are both in the head unit and had a phantom update via the traffic update.

·
Registered
704 Posts
This is just some wild conjecture but could it be some sort of GPS related issue in that the car thinks it's somewhere where it isn't? Obviously the sat nav itself (presumably) shows the correct location but I wonder whether it is taking a bit of time to get a proper fix and the drive mode is therefore using a default setting.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
But drive mode was using uk in mine until something glitched and it’s disappeared for good now It would appear :unsure:

My guess is a software bug somewhere that’s lost a regional setting originally installed during manufacture. OTA is unlikely as it insists on an update card/disk being installed to update the software. Tried that to see if anything happened.

Suppose I could turn logging on in my firewall then connect the car and see what IPs it tries to connect to.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FIXED IT!!!

I managed to get the 'vehicle drive mode' for ECO driving back to MPH.

Simply:-
Setup > Navigation > General > Reset Navigation Settings (right at the bottom offscreen) > Yes

Then put back your usual settings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts