Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Month old 2019 leaf Techna 40Kw.

Nissan connect no longer seems to work in my car. The car symbol on the centre screen has a single line through it, not signal strength like it used to. None of the in-car services like premium traffic work anymore.

The phone app shows data from the last time the car connected two days ago, it refreshes, but with old stale data. Understandable if the car is not talking to the servers, it is getting the latest data available.

Everything was working fine (as fine as it ever does) until last Wednesday. Even then the car side was never a problem, it was the phone app that gave the problems.

Any clues or thoughts other that a visit to the dealer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mmmm at a month old, I’d be straight back to the dealer to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed, but that will no doubt mean booking in for a service and being without a car for a day or more.

If there is a quick fix in the settings, I would be happy to give it a try first.

·
Registered
125 Posts
A line through the ‘car icon’ indicates one of two things, the car is not in a service area or the telematics is not enabled. This can only be rectified by connecting to Nissan Consult system that the dealers have.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A line through the ‘car icon’ indicates one of two things, the car is not in a service area or the telematics is not enabled. This can only be rectified by connecting to Nissan Consult system that the dealers have.
Well it is in a service area, it has always worked in the past, and it was enabled up to Wednesday!

I guess it will be the hassle of booking in to the dealer and being without a car while they sort it out.

It is really sad that such a good car is spoiled by the software services. This being my 3rd leaf I am all too familiar with the scenario.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it will be the hassle of booking in to the dealer and being without a car while they sort it out.
Called in to the dealer with the car.

Sadly I was right. Needs to be in the workshop for at least a day, so I am going to be without any transport while they sort it.

Not a good experience for a new car with under 500 miles on the clock.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Shocking really, can’t believe they won’t give you a courtesy car. I’d be fuming!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
They don’t do courtesy cars, you have to pay to hire one.
Really? Is this not a Nissan dealer?

Under the full You+Nissan Customer Promise, Nissan promises to: Keep customers mobile with a free of charge courtesy car or lift when their vehicle is in for service or repair.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
They don’t do courtesy cars, you have to pay to hire one.

Certainly not my experience. Only caveat is that you may need to book it in some time in advance to "bag" a courtesy vehicle.

·
Registered
3,840 Posts
Yes, but as you note the terms are ‘or lift’. They take you back home and pick you up at the end of the work
I take that as a cop-out. I'm sure the intention is that it's your choice - that's certainly the case at my dealer.

Here you go - it's quite clear on this page:

YOU want to stay mobile when your Nissan is in for a service or repair.

NISSAN PROMISE: to keep you mobile free of charge¹ whether you need a courtesy car, or just a lift.
Show them their own page.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well having got psyched up to take the car in, the fault cleared and everything is back to normal. Spoke to the dealer and got ‘your the second to report that with a new leaf today’.

Perhaps the problem was server side?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts