Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

Vehicle software update failed

3K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Kevin Trill 
#1 ·
I wanted to update an aspect of the car settings prior to travelling on a long trip and remote software app stated vehicle update available. So went through the steps to update the software and at 99% it sat there for a while then stated it had failed. Well these things happen except that no there is no WiFi to do anything at all!
Noted on other forums others have encountered this as well, no solution yet posted.

Everything else seems to be working fine just the remote app no longer works as no WiFi to connect to.

#3 ·
As I mentioned no solution yet, as in still not working :(

Reckon a disconnect of the auxiliary battery might do it but noted on the list of bugs one of them in an earlier release was to fix the wireless lan stopping, whether this is the same thing or nor remains to be seen. But right now not working.. Will post if I find something.

#6 ·
Please do.. I've been holding back from doing mine. Everything works and it didn't say what it does so I just keep hitting cancel in the mobile app. Been burnt too many times with unnecessary software updates bricking phones, ps3, apps, and even a Mac powerbook. The thought of an app on a phone updating the car scared the bejesus out of me :eek:

Hope it's an easy fix.

#8 ·
I would recommend not doing update today I have a dead PHEV. No life whatever, established the auxiliary battery is dead and recharging. @Webby be aware.

Have called Mistsubishi assistance out as also seeing error message EV System needs service and to pull over safely. Seriously wrong and can only put it down to the failed software update. Compounded as had to use the emergency key as no remote and only can get in and out through drivers door as deadlocks on.....

#10 ·
Well the engineer was here for 3 hours and chatting about recovery vehicle. However, car came back to life and all seemed OK, at first.

What seems to have happened after the failed software update is that there is a constant power drain on the auxiliary battery, hence why nothing works once the battery is dead. After calling around a few dealers one reasonably nearby is able to take a look at the car tomorrow, but looking does not equate to a fix.

So tomorrow will post another update after visiting dealer. I do not know 100% the failed software update caused this problem but have noticed when the car was working on little things not working such as the drivers door window now not going down on single touch plus a few others things. That said until we find out why it is not working as it should would be very wary of undertaking update.

#15 ·
OK, car is now working. Appears for whatever the reason the "Control Module" needed to be replaced, in my language equals motherboard for the car.

Dealer tried many different things with Mitsubishi Technical support but simply could not talk electronically to the car at all. So part was on order but out of stock and took a week to arrive, I was supplied with another car in the meantime. Part duly arrived last week and car working again. So none the wiser exactly why it failed.

I tried yesterday to do a software update again but this time software all up to date so will have to wait until next time to see if it works.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.