Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've moved from 'Stage 5' to 'Stage 6' on the VW order tracker after the Weser Highway's visit to Immingham yesterday.

Has any one any thoughts on how long the typical wait is before we get to take delivery and what 'Stage 7 Nearly there' actually means?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 Worst Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,647 Posts
We've moved from 'Stage 5' to 'Stage 6' on the VW order tracker after the Weser Highway's visit to Immingham yesterday.

Has any one any thoughts on how long the typical wait is before we get to take delivery and what 'Stage 7 Nearly there' actually means?
I don’t think there is a typical wait unfortunately, my e-Golf went from Immingham to the Peterborough dealer inside 3 days, and was with me 2 days after that.

I think the dealers can sometimes ‘pull’ them through from the dock area, but not sure how that is now given Covid restrictions and post Brexit customs arrangements etc.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like a call to the dealer then. It's been sitting in Emden for the past four weeks.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,685 Posts
We have lots of threads which could all be in one called "Dude, where's my car?"

From the ID.3 and ID.4 forums, nobody has any real idea where their car is until it arrives at the dealer. I know it's hard, but you just have to wait. I waited so long for my previous e-Golf that the dealer gave up and found a cancelled order for me.

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
176 Posts
Yes, tons of threads on this. Our car was released to shipping 10 days ago, but no further update. Our dealer said there is bad weather at the moment which is stopping as many boats going out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It's fun to read these threads though. My favourite was the one that worked out which part of the harbour the cars would be stored in and worked out a way to track the ships carrying the cars. You can learn so much from reading this stuff.

Meanwhile my car is sat on "No VIN Number assigned" which I am guessing translates to 'not being built anytime soon'....

·
Registered
587 Posts
I had a courtesy call from my salesperson yesterday to tell me absolutely nothing.

It's still at stage 5 (sat in Emden) since 10th March, but admittedly it only became my order on 29 March, so would have been deprioritised for shipping prior to that date.

VW UK apparently told the salesman on Monday that the order is still on track for my collection before the end of the month. Can't see that happening unless it gets on a ship before the end of this week and doesn't hang around at Grimsby/Sheerness (not sure which port - Listers Nuneaton cars I've had before came via Grimsby, but Listers Evesham are supplying this one and are about 50 miles south of Evesham.

·
Registered
ID.3 Tour
612 Posts
They can sit in the dock for weeks (as it did in Emden).
You are reliant and a space being available on a transporter going near your dealer.
We are in the same situation.

Our dealer is less than 10 miles from the dock!
Apparently ours will be at the dealership either tomorrow or Monday 👍🏻

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the responses. Contact with the dealer says around 10 days (I was looking for an idea on the usual delay in case I needed to push them).

I'm still not sure, though, what 'Stage 7 Nearly there' means. On it's way to the dealer? At the dealer's? Get your coat on and get down here?

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
176 Posts
Mine has just confirmed to be with dealers by 29th. So, that's 20 days from leaving factory to dealer, 3 weeks, which is normal.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks for the responses. Contact with the dealer says around 10 days (I was looking for an idea on the usual delay in case I needed to push them).

I'm still not sure, though, what 'Stage 7 Nearly there' means. On it's way to the dealer? At the dealer's? Get your coat on and get down here?
It used to mean at the dealer getting prepped for collection. Stage 6 is in the UK but not yet at the dealers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Mine has just confirmed to be with dealers by 29th. So, that's 20 days from leaving factory to dealer, 3 weeks, which is normal.
20 days from leaving the factory to the dealer isn't normal, its very quick!

VW quote:

Up to 7 working days from factory to port
Up to 15 working days from Emden to UK port
Up to 10 working days from UK port to dealer

A lot of people are having waits much longer than that, mine sat in Emden for a month at the 'released to shipping' stage.

I was also told about 'bad weather' and delays at the port. What I later found out was that, if the port is full, some cars arriving there may be put straight onto a ship and arrive much more quickly than cars built before them. That is exactly what happened with me - one car built a week ahead of mine was on the road 6 weeks before mine, one built three weeks after was on the road a month before it.

·
Registered
587 Posts
20 days from leaving the factory to the dealer isn't normal, its very quick!

VW quote:

Up to 7 working days from factory to port
Up to 15 working days from Emden to UK port
Up to 10 working days from UK port to dealer

A lot of people are having waits much longer than that, mine sat in Emden for a month at the 'released to shipping' stage.

I was also told about 'bad weather' and delays at the port. What I later found out was that, if the port is full, some cars arriving there may be put straight onto a ship and arrive much more quickly than cars built before them. That is exactly what happened with me - one car built a week ahead of mine was on the road 6 weeks before mine, one built three weeks after was on the road a month before it.
By what you're saying, I might have quite a wait if idle cars are left at the bottom of the pile. I was hoping to see some movement this week as my dealer says VW are still committed to my car being in my hands by the end of the month but it's still in Emden now and has been since 10th March as a car built as a spare and not built allocated to an order placed. So it sat at Emden waiting for an owner for almost 3 weeks before it was allocated to me and has sat an additional 2.5 weeks.

My local dealership has had cars into the dealership within 3 days of arriving at Tyne Dock before, so there's still a chance for April delivery, but looking less likely by the day. Hope it was built with 2.1 software already installed!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I contacted my Local VW dealer in York today and was told : We're looking at 3 and a half months for a factory order on those cars, though we always have stock vehicles ready for delivery sooner than that if you're wanting something sooner!

·
Registered
VW ID.3 Tour
176 Posts
Good news, I'm seeing the same as everyone else now - mine is at Step 38 and stuck in Emden despite previously being planned to go on a boat last week. Dealer apparently has loads stuck at that stage.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Good news, I'm seeing the same as everyone else now - mine is at Step 38 and stuck in Emden despite previously being planned to go on a boat last week. Dealer apparently has loads stuck at that stage.
Mine's been stage 38 for 6 weeks and my dealer still.doesn't know when it will ship. He provided me with a bulletin that says a lot but really says nothing and blames Brexit for apparently full docks (docks have their own car areas which are pretty empty as COVID has killed car sales over the last year), so VW's ministry of lies is hard at work again. My company ships high volumes of product (dozens of containers per consignment) and we've had no delays. All Brexit ambiguity for customs clearance has long been sorted (only NI being part of the UK and still needing to be treated as if in EU is only ongoing bugbear) Bulletin:-

April shipping from Emden
  • VW0496-21
    19 APR 2021

We are currently working through backlog of cars that are due to be shipped from Emden.
There is a small volume of required units that have been dwelling at status code 38 for longer than the anticipated SLA. This is partly because of UK port capacity and new customs regulations following Brexit, which is causing some delays.
Be assured that cars that have been called off and have been dwelling at status code 38 the longest are being prioritised for shipping, as well as anything that was in Emden and called off by the shipping deadline for April delivery.
This is being managed centrally by logistics and Emden – please do not contact the sales and generalist team or your area sales manager on this topic.

Article author
Rhona Calder, Supply Development Manager

1 - 20 of 39 Posts