Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has been gone over before. I noticed my charge rate dropping whilst plugged into a GMEV 7KW post.

A quick check on CYC shows that someone has started to use the other port on that post. Obviously no issues with that, but there is a second post at this location (all 4 bays together across the 2 posts), why wouldn't you plug into a post that had no-one else connected if you had the choice. And the other post is (currently) unused.

In summary, at least on GMEV 7KW posts, try to use a totally free post if possible.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Some multi-outlet charge point designs may only have enough available current to feed 32A to all outlets, so if only one vehicle is plugged in, then it will try to share out the available current, based on the current draw from each, the controller can work out what the advertised available current to each outlet should be, and automatically adjust any breakers to cut off should the vehicle exceed the advertised current.

@CYC used to flag such points in their app / web site listings, but I haven't seen any for a while, since their site was redesigned.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts