Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed near me in Weston Park that there is a new charger in the car park run by Vendelectric. Looks to be an app based charger, type 2 with 32amp. I have been unable to find out the cost of charging, the company’s website gives no clear idea the exact cost, but looks to be time based. Has anyone used one of the these chargers nationally and what did It cost ? . Thanks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
They run the rapid at Broadstairs Nissan Dealership. I've never been able to get it to work. Needs an app

·
Registered
Ioniq
679 Posts
Weston Park in Staffordshire?

There's a new-ish VendElectric point at Attingham Park, the other side of Telford, which is only 7kw but is £2 an hour with a 50p connection fee; that works out at 28.5p/kwh plus the connection charge which is a bit steep. We go there quite a lot and I've only seen anyone use it once. We've seen it used by people pretending to charge so they can park closer to the door twice...

If the Weston Park charger is the same price but is only 3kw (according to zapmap) then that is (a) pointlessly slow and (b) really expensive!

No idea how you use it, at that price I don't intend to find out.

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
524 Posts
Saw a bank of three brand new ones at our local MG dealers. They are all £2 per hour, didn't look closely, it was pouring at the time, but they are on Zap Map

·
Registered
Ioniq
679 Posts
There's also one in Shropshire and another in Sheffield.
They're as bad as Pen-y-bonts in Wales, it's so confusing!

(I guessed the Staffordshire one as (a) it's the one I'm least unfamiliar with (I used to drive past it a lot!) and (b) it does appear to have gained a VendElectric charger on zapmap...)

·
Premium Member
4,104 Posts
I noticed a couple of type 2 connectors have been installed at Anderby Creek north of Skegness. 35p per kWh, accessed via the App, which is on the high side for a 7kw post.

I’ll give them a go next time I go, but zap map points out they’re iced quite a bit!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the all comments. I visit Weston Park quite often ( I live nearby in Newport Shropshire ) and was pleased to see an electric charging point in the car park, but access ( for Vendelectric ) is only through an app plus the charge cost seems to be per hour and looks a tad expensive for such a lower charge rate ( I have a Nissan Leaf 40 ).Some confusion about whether the actual unit is 16 amp or 32 amp, I will need to have another look at the charger as I am sure it stated it was 32 amp which might make it a bit more feasible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts