Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 in void and standard suspension
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else experiencing problems with the road sign reading thingumy (RSI?)?
I had the same system on my old Volvo and it was massively better:
  • At times it appears to be a random number generator - zipping down a derestricted A-road and all of a sudden it flags up 30mph.
  • Go past a derestricted sign and it shows 50mph then about 45 secs later it corrects itself to 60mph
  • Go down the motorway and it shows 50, then 40, then 70
It makes the automatic speed limiter function useless as it is routinely under-reading everything. Has anybody else experienced similar problems or is there a fault on my car?

·
Registered
2020 Polestar 2
192 Posts
I tried it today. Agree with your experience, unusable in its current state.

·
Premium Member
2020 Corsa E
7,087 Posts
Where is the camera located? Worth checking for muck or if some half wit has stuck a sticker on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Exact same issue this morning. Randomly decided the speed limit was 30 on a fast dual carriageway.
Stopped using it after that. Borderline dangerous in its current state.

·
Registered
P2 on way, Mitsubishi Outlander just gone
17 Posts
Volvo system is very good and appears to be same or very similar hardware to the P2 so I’d suggest it’s the software that needs a tweek.

·
Registered
17,363 Posts
Volvo system is very good and appears to be same or very similar hardware to the P2 so I’d suggest it’s the software that needs a tweek.
I think the Volvo systems used MobileEye. They were very good when I tried them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own 2 Volvo’s, a 2017 and a 2019, and it works very well almost all of the time. Sometimes, very rarely, it misses a speed change due to construction.....perhaps an update will solve your problem. I wonder if it is related to the Android system vs sensus?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
86 Posts
While driving up the M4 on Saturday, between Cardiff and the Severn Bridge, the symbol was flicking between 60 and 70 about every 5-10 seconds. It was also erratic on country roads. So the system seems to be essentially useless at present.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Went through Blackpool illuminations in daylight car read speed limit at pleasure beach as100 mph . It usually is very good but this puts me off self driving until it is always accurate. Perhaps never.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts