Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
It very useful for telling you how far it is to the nearest charger. Also increasingly it is supporting more charge networks to show live status. I like the route planning showing all chargers along the planned route.

I understand the developer is adding more features and that their may be a small monthly fee in future which I would consider paying for the increase in features and accuracy.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It very useful for telling you how far it is to the nearest charger. Also increasingly it is supporting more charge networks to show live status. I like the route planning showing all chargers along the planned route.

I understand the developer is adding more features and that their may be a small monthly fee in future which I would consider paying for the increase in features and accuracy.
I believe the fee (which will provide additional features) is £0.99 a month.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,120 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Just had a re-look at Wattsup , and it does appear to be better than zap-map. i have most chargers saved as favourites on Wattsup and google maps showing all the time on my regular routes now.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had a play with WattsUp this morning - following my post the other day about a route planner that suggests a more economical route, this app may just be the thing with it's 'shortest route'. Chargers are displayed nicely along the route and a very usable interface.

However, I will still be using Zapmap on the basis you can adjust the real range of your car (depending on season) and it will tell you how much charge you will have at your destination (and whether you can make it or not). In addition, you can actually add a charger to the route and it will adjust your route accordingly, WattsUp doesn't, it only displays the number of miles along your route, without actually adding the route diversion to the charger, so you have to work that bit out yourself.

It shows promise, but is lacking in features at present.

Reactions: John Weatherley

·
Registered
MG EZS 2020
4,172 Posts
WattsUp is available for both IOS and Android. Well worth having on your phone.
I've been waiting ages for this to come on to Android. Yes well worth it. I like that it shows the contactless chargers.

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Reactions: John Weatherley

·
Registered
235 Posts
Looks interesting, I had a little play with it yesterday. The big winner for any app that shows chargers will be an integration with Android Auto so that no phone fiddling is required. Another wrinkle I have spotted is that it shows chargers near the route regardless of direction being travelled. For a south bound journey on the M5 it showed the charger at strensham north as an option. Technically it can be accessed by leaving at junction 8 and going back but to continue south is a nightmare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts