Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My iCarII Bluetooth dongle came through the other day and so I this morning I got around to plugging it in to the OBD port. Selected Bluetooth via settings, VLink appears and then when trying to connect...not too successful! My phone keeps on giving me the message "this accessory is not supported".

I have an iPhone SE with iOS 13.3.1 (apparently the most recent update)

Can anyone help remedy this issue?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
You have installed the latest Icrap update which completely blocks any third party accessories.
Get a cheap Android phone to use with just the OBD

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have installed the latest Icrap update which completely blocks any third party accessories.
Get a cheap Android phone to use with just the OBD
...but which was necessary to access the Polar network app. I'd prefer not to buy another phone for the sake of accessing Leaf Spy (which I've paid £17.00 for and is probably not transferable to another phone)

If I was to return the iCar II for a wi-fi version will this work without the issues I'm presently encountering?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Of course it is transferable.
You're welcome to come up to Scotland and try my wi-fi version to see if it works but I pretty much doubt.
My Icrap phone from work doesn't connect to the ODB but with the Android is easy peasy.
I meant to get an Android to work exclusively with LSP and everything else with your current phone.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Of course it is transferable.
You're welcome to come up to Scotland and try my wi-fi version to see if it works but I pretty much doubt.
My Icrap phone from work doesn't connect to the ODB but with the Android is easy peasy.
I meant to get an Android to work exclusively with LSP and everything else with your current phone.
That's very generous of you but the borders of Scotland from me are but 7.5 hour drive away...and in a 24 kW Leaf an eternity!! I did initially ask the question of whether the iCar II would work with my iPhone and the reply was that it would. Hopefully I'll be able to return it to the seller as it doesn't appear to.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Before you return it do you have access to a different phone with an older ios version?
maybe there are some hidden settings you can correct to allow you to connect.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
If you can’t connect to one of these devices
To get help with pairing a Bluetooth accessory — like a wireless keyboard — to your iOS or iPadOS device, try these steps:
  1. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS or iPadOS device are close to each other.
  2. Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again.
  3. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
  4. If there’s an app that you use with the Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth on your iOS or iPadOS device and make sure that you’ve turned on Bluetooth for the app.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Before you return it do you have access to a different phone with an older ios version?
maybe there are some hidden settings you can correct to allow you to connect.
The old iPhone bit the dust a few years back :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you can’t connect to one of these devices
To get help with pairing a Bluetooth accessory — like a wireless keyboard — to your iOS or iPadOS device, try these steps:
  1. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory and iOS or iPadOS device are close to each other.
  2. Turn your Bluetooth accessory off and back on again.
  3. Make sure that your Bluetooth accessory is on and fully charged or connected to power. If your accessory uses batteries, see if they need to be replaced.
  4. If there’s an app that you use with the Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Privacy > Bluetooth on your iOS or iPadOS device and make sure that you’ve turned on Bluetooth for the app.
I tried the above, sadly it didn't have the desired effect. I paired it to the Leaf's Bluetooth this morning, no problem.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Unfortunately for you I always try to stay away from the dark side :p
that's as far my knowledge of Icrap goes...

·
Registered
Hyundai Ioniq 28
121 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts